stock rate front coil springs for Tiger

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I just replaced my front springs on the MK2. I wasn't happy as the ride height in front was too low and I was having issues with grounding and the front end felt too soft. I did have new springs installed, but I have no idea where they came from. Perhaps someone on the forum will. They are marked with a blue and orange paint pen on the 2nd coil.

I called Moss on Tuesday and asked if they had any from the VB parts haul. As it happened, they had one set. They arrived yesterday and I just finished buttoning it up. I'm quite pleased as the car gained 1.5" of ride height in the front and it no longer looks like I am a 16-year-old kid with air shocks! The new springs were only 1/2" taller in free length, so the difference has got to be the spring rate.

The cost was more than reasonable at $80 for the pair (retail). Moss is currently out of stock but I'm sure if you call them and ask for them, they'll restock. Moss is selling these under part# 009-223.

They are English made!!

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sean, we’re there any markings on them? What is the weight compression height? Assuming they start at 12” and then squat down to ?”.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
the ones I pulled out had a blue and orange paint pen mark about an inch apart on the 2nd coil... the new ones are unmarked. I'll measure the free length in a bit.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Free length is 11 5/8". new springs are 12"

P4191939.JPG