Sun Visors

Kerhonkson

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I want to order sun visors for my 67 Tiger. However, my Tiger has only two threaded hole inserts located on the inside window frame on the left side of the left front convertible top bracket/latch (and the right side of the right convertible top bracket) indicating the visor is held up by only one bracket. However he photos I've seen of new visors have visor bracket insert holes on each side of the two convertible top bracket/latches and the visors themselves require left side/right side bracket insertion. This would indicate each sun visor has a left and right installation bracket. Do I need to drill two holes to fit the inside brackets for each visor? Thanks.

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
There is a one piece centre bracket that has the provision of holding the other ends of both the visors. It mounts under the rear view mirror. It has a spring on each side inside the hole so you can insert the visor rod in first and guide it to the extreme left and right when installing the visors. If your purchasing the visor hardware, it’s best if it’s either all reproduction or all original pieces as the old and new don’t work well together from what I’ve heard. You shouldn’t have to drill any holes.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Copy of DSC_1928(1).jpg