TAC website

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Jim,
What TAC link are you referring to? When I go to the STOA website (STOA), I see that TAC is listed and has three links in the pulldown list - Program, Procedure, and TAC FAQ. All three seem to be working. If there is another link on our Forum somewhere, please let me know so I can get it fixed.

Thanks!
David

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
There’s never been a link on the home page… but someone posted a direct link to the ‘search TAC’ feature months ago and now all I get is this…

IMG_3684.jpeg

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Jim,

Sorry, but I am unfamiliar with what you called the ‘search TAC’ feature. Was in in a thread? (I am sorry, but I read a lot of posts every day and have a hard time keeping track of just those I post, let alone others' posts.

In any case, did you try the link I posted in my reply? That worked for me and I hope it works for you.

Thanks!
David

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Jim,
I made that post about 3-1/2 years ago. STOA has modified their website since. The link in my first post in this thread will take you to what STOA has on their website for the TAC. However, what I do not see (and what used to be available) is where a person could confirm a TAC number, such as before buying a car. It appears that STOA has moved access to this data base to their Members Only area of their website.

Thanks!
David

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Wonder why they would want to 'hide' information to the general 'Tiger' community
A LOT of Tiger guys I know used that page regularly !!! It was very helpful for me as I collect Tiger pics and info and have a database of well over 2000 cars

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Jim,
I don't know why STOA made the change to restrict viewing the TAC database only to their members. We have quite a few STOA folks who are members of this Forum. Perhaps one of them can offer us an explanation.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
It might just be some kind of a glitch in the system as a friend who IS a member of STOA can't seem to get access either

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I'm also an STOA member and I can confirm that currently the TAC list does not work for me even when I'm properly logged in. The STOA has been informed.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I'm also an STOA member and I can confirm that currently the TAC list does not work for me even when I'm properly logged in. The STOA has been informed.
OK: I tried to access info on one of our own cars and couldn't get in either?

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I see the TAC lookup page now BUT no matter what I enter ( even my own TAC'd car, results are blank :rolleyes:

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The person who administers the TAC page has been out of the country on vacation . Once he returns he'll be able to access it and get it back up and running. I hope to see it back up next week.
Buck

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I hope to see it back up next week.
Well I wrote the above a month ago. I guess I was a bit too optimistic. The TAC lookup page on the STOA site remains broken and they are trying to fix it. I'm crossing my fingers and wishing them good luck.

Buck

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Well I wrote the above a month ago. I guess I was a bit too optimistic. The TAC lookup page on the STOA site remains broken and they are trying to fix it. I'm crossing my fingers and wishing them good luck.

Buck
Thanks for looking into this, Buck.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I guess it’s gone the way of the ‘Registry’… all good info for those of us that collect data but not accessible to us mere mortals ’… :)(

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I guess it’s gone the way of the ‘Registry’… all good info for those of us that collect data but not accessible to us mere mortals ’… :)(
I don’t understand it either. Obviously there was a web guy who put it up, I bet that same guy who put the site up or adds to the list could put it back on. It benefits clubs, TAC’ed cars for sale, and buyers who want to know if the car they’re about to purchase is indeed TAC’ed and adds more confidence in bidding on a site like BAT. Not to mention private sales. This means STOA’s guys cars also.