Tank options

Warren

Gold forum user
Been wanting to place a cylindrical spun aluminum fuel tank right behind the conv. top well. I would use it as a day tank retain the saddle tanks for the long trips and use a Y valve and possibly a charcoal canister just to cut down on the evaporation and stench in the tight garage. Don't want to loose a lot of trunk space or use a Mustang or Falcon floor replacement tank. Nor do I desire to give up the spare tire space. Everyone has seen one of these tanks on a sand rail

Bryan

Gold forum user
CAT Member
you got to be kidding- there's a problem old pilots would tell with being with to much fuel-Its when your on fire

Warren

Gold forum user
Bryan, only on a trip to a United or a SUNI would anything but the day tank be used. Yes I've watched a sticky carb float dump fuel on an exhaust pipe between my legs.
Real fuel cells have pull dates on the bladders, plus no more spare tire space.
Then there's the why remove what isn't bothering anyone empty saddle tanks. They came epoxy coated and are in great shape. If the next caretaker hates it he can remove it within an hour. Till you have been rear ended in a old no headrest Pinto like car ya don't know. Mustang's and Falcon's share the same easily shared filler neck. I was lucky it was a offset rear ender in the Falcon.