Gold forum user
Car getting close :)

D1A61472-F56A-4305-A6D1-36E39C75786C.jpeg

7671ED28-16AB-4FC2-BB4B-9143C5F780EE.jpeg

7647FE5A-B9C1-4A8C-B51D-11B646AD11F7.jpeg

Fordlandia

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Very impressive! I believe (not sure) that the color is fairly "rare" in terms of the % that originally came with it. Might be wrong. I have a Mark I (owned since 1979) that still needs restoration. Your progress provides encouragement!

KenF

Gold forum user
Looks ready to go, Come on man! :giggle: Kidding, looks like maybe paint on the soft top covers and rear inside panel work.
Can't wait for the behind the wheel Stig video. (y)

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Doug, need to get the angle grinder out.. Or hacksaw and put the angle on the exhuast tips :p

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
About time you updated your pictures....

Clearly you have been holding out.

I'm surprised you got that plate!

DW

Last edited:

Doug C

Gold forum user
About time you updated your pictures....

Clearly you have been holding out.

I'm surprised you got that plate!

DW
Dan, are you talking about the license plate? I ordered that when I got the car 6+ years. I went to AAA and ordered it. I was surprised it was still available and I think it looks good.

Doug C

Gold forum user
Doug, need to get the angle grinder out.. Or hacksaw and put the angle on the exhuast tips :p
Michael - correct and will get done soon - I assure you before I drive it where other Tiger owners are. Cheers and hope that all is well.

Doug C

Gold forum user
Looks ready to go, Come on man! :giggle: Kidding, looks like maybe paint on the soft top covers and rear inside panel work.
Can't wait for the behind the wheel Stig video. (y)
Ken, those are the last things to get done, for some reason my body man doesn’t want to rush. It’s only been 5+ years.

Bryan

Gold forum user
CAT Member
you can split the can with small screw drivers and release the nipple from inside- I have a brand new one to do this too-They were a c4tz 6766-b from ford and I think they went on pickups

Bryan

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I've taken apart other orginal ones that were full of carbon-up dinosaur oil

Doug C

Gold forum user
Very impressive! I believe (not sure) that the color is fairly "rare" in terms of the % that originally came with it. Might be wrong. I have a Mark I (owned since 1979) that still needs restoration. Your progress provides encouragement!
Thanks for the nice comments - the car is an early “black dash” and the color is Wedgewood Blue. When I first stated looking for a Tiger I promised the person who told me about it that I would keep it the original color and keep the black dash - everything else was fairly open. The guys who’ve done most of the work are avid Tiger guys and very picky - some of them I’ve had to say no more HP. Good luck on your car.
6E85901B-13C5-4B8A-9261-A17AF4F84A6E.jpeg

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Original compared to mine.
Hahaha.. Like the megaphone cafe racer style exhausts.. Maybe tack those in there and paint the inside face wedgewood blue :D

On a more serious note, will you be painting any of the recess areas in the wheels? These were the shelby gt350 wheels iirc.. Ive seen some with bare alloy and polished faces.. Also some with the faces polished and the inner area painted enamel black.. Gives the wheel design a little more definition.

Doug C

Gold forum user
The pipes angle will be cut to match the original, they are connected to Tri Y and has a fabulous sound. The Shelby wheels are “real” 14” AND I’m debating if I’ll do anything with them other that polish and keep clean, I have another set of Shelby wheels (magnum 500’s) which I may use.

Doug C

Gold forum user
Yes it is, I saw one like it on the best looking Alpine ever and I “bugged” the guy to make me one for each side as I did not want to drill into the doors as I wanted mirrors on both sides.