Throttle linkage fun

sandy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Working on adding a fancy throttle linkage to the project. The cable I'm using is from Lokar and is nicely made, plus I had one.

Got a fancy anodized red bracket with the required 2 return springs from Jeg's (many companies make the same).

Well seemed like a good idea at the time. But the problem is the bracket has the cable up too high and the angle of the cable causes binding. Nice.

On top of that, the length of the bracket hits what on my car I'll just call the export brace.

Some chopping, hole ovaling, and flipping around the bracket that holds the cable end gets it working.

Also the carb has 3 points to connect the throttle cable to. Given the short travel for the pedal, likely has to be the bottom of one which is the worse for angle on the cable causing binding before WOT.

Lots of pics ahead..

20230309_164505.jpg

20230309_161134.jpg

20230309_164514.jpg

20230309_172828.jpg

20230311_123551.jpg

20230311_124159.jpg

20230311_124647.jpg

20230311_140242.jpg

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sandy.. wouldn't fancy be throttle by wire.. a solenoid on the side and a pedal sensor...no physical linkage 🤔

However... Barring that... Nice setup...the bracketry is elaborate, the flange is almost a verandah.... Could hold a bbq on that thing 😲

sandy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sandy.. wouldn't fancy be throttle by wire.. a solenoid on the side and a pedal sensor...no physical linkage 🤔

However... Barring that... Nice setup...the bracketry is elaborate, the flange is almost a verandah.... Could hold a bbq on that thing 😲
I think that would be hi-tech AND fancy ;)

The linkage bracket that comes with the Lokar cable would have worked right out of the box, but it was chrome, so I decided to try the anodized red one. It's actually a nicely made part (made in USA too), but of course everything that has to go into the (my) Tiger takes 3x the work to make it fit. I think the tricky part was realizing that the Tiger doesn't have a lot of pedal travel or cable travel if you will. So you can't use the Top hole which would have worked just fine. Oddly the bracketing would still have to be modified to use the larger hole that has the bushing in it. All in a couple of days work :)

The next fun part is the fuel lines, the rear line can fit with an AN style hose fitting or carb fuel log as the export brace is also too close on the other side of the carb. So will have to use AN Tube/Flare style hard line to plumb it all up. Oh, I did spend a bunch of money on the fuel line, and of course can't make it work... nothing surprising.

20230309_150445.jpg