Tire air pressure for 15 inch tires

tiger430

Bronze forum user
whats the recommended tire air pressure for 15 inch tires?
i am running 195/50's front and 205/50's rear on 6 inch wide front and 7 inch wide rear Panasports wheels
thanks

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
whats the recommended tire air pressure for 15 inch tires?
i am running 195/50's front and 205/50's rear on 6 inch wide front and 7 inch wide rear Panasports wheels
thanks
It really depends on if you are oval track or figure 8 racing

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Good question, FYI I have same size tires/wheels and have been running 28psi for years, wear seems very good but this is nothing scientific. Hope to hear from others.

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
In the winter months I reduce the psi by 5 pounds to get better traction on the snow and ice.

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
What is the recommended tire pressure printed on the sidewall? I usually run 32lbs as the standard and go from there based on usage.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I run cold pressure

Winter 28lb
Sumner 32lb

Check the wear regularly. If the wear is even across the whole tread face that's good. If the tyres are run to high the tread will be more of an arc and the outside won't make as much contact so the cornering will be impacted.

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Snow and Ice (IvaTiger), love it .. FYI, in 1982 we had a huge blizzard here in Denver, guess 3+ feet. I was at work, had driven my Tiger that day. Figured I had better leave work early, guess 10 inches by then and made it within 1 block of my house before the Tiger could not make it any further and got stuck. Tiger sat up the block to get the full 3+ foot of snow and was complettly burried (had hardtop on car during winter). Stayed burrined in show about 4 days before roads were cleared enought to even attempt getting it back home. Back then , I did run studed snow tires during the winter but would not/never recommend a Tiger as a snow/icer driver IMO.

canbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
What about auto cross? 15" Toyo R888 on Panasports I put 32 in front and 30 in the back for no particular reason