Tire mismatch

CLIFF_MK1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have the Dale's front end, which appears to be the same width as the stock Tiger. The problem is the width of the stock and Dale's (standard) for using larger wheels. Most of your after market wheels have shallow back spaces (4" or less) which causes the tire to stick out. What is needed is 5" back space which is hard to find on 14 - 16 inch rims. I did find one wheel which I am using now. However, I want to go with a different appearing wheel so I am thinking about Image Wheels which will put in a deep back space (within the physical limits of the wheel.) But, they are expensive. Cliff

pitman

Bronze forum user
Thanks all for the feedback -- good pros and cons to chew on. I'll post an update on the results.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Anudder 2 cents

Thanks all for the feedback -- good pros and cons to chew on. I'll post an update on the results.

We tried the deeper back space many years ago and found that the tyre would rub and catch on the inner fender during hard cornering. Disaster potential.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Deeper

14"s with a 4" deep backset. 15" were worse as the rim would get to the inner fender and upper A-arm fulcrum faster. Interference can be a hurdle.