'Vintage" wheels

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I found this site the other day ( no affiliation)
http://www.akhwheels.com/

They have quite a selection of wheels, caps,trim rings etc. from the '80's and back...
Noticed a set of 14" Silverstones ( wrong b.p. ) and 13 x 7 Libres in the 'magnesium' link... the Libres are listed as 4 x 4.5 but have the oval bolt holes so might fit!

Jim
B382000446

George Simpson

Gold forum user
vintage wheels

:)They have what i have been looking for. 4 spoke chrome Cragar S/S 13x7.0 (4x4/4.25) off set-25 back space 3.250 (fits Ford Pinto) I seen them on Tigers in the 70's. U.S.$ 190.00 per wheel & 30.00 shipping per wheel.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
:)They have what i have been looking for. 4 spoke chrome Cragar S/S 13x7.0 (4x4/4.25) off set-25 back space 3.250 (fits Ford Pinto) I seen them on Tigers in the 70's. U.S.$ 190.00 per wheel & 30.00 shipping per wheel.

Those are sweet wheels for sure!! I had similar on my '73 Pinto back in the day with E60-13 BFG's although they were cheap imitation branded 'Cal Chrome' and they started peeling before they were a year old...:mad:

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Just a heads up if anyone is interested in those 13" x 7" Libre wheels...Don't have a price but did get this in an e-mail from the company...

..."The backspacing on the magnesium Libre wheels is 3.5 inches. Yes a 4.25 pattern is usable. As far as old aluminum VS old mags if they have a crack they have a crack. Yes magnesium pits but these are perfect with no pits whatsoever. Noting magnesium is stronger than aluminum and yet these only weigh in at 8.5 lbs. each.
Terry Rowe
AKHWheels.com "

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I ran across this ad the other day...wish they were still that cheap.

2i21z47.jpg

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I've seen at least 2 Tigers with those rims...

I bought 2 pair of them in 15 x7 and 15 x 8.5 back in 1980 and used them on the Rover V8 powered Porsche 914 I built... I think the fronts were about $60 then.

venice532

Gold forum user
CAT Member
shelby minilites

Hi Bruce, years ago I bought 4 of those 'Shelby minilite' goldvanes and couldn't find very much information about them.

Someone said that back in the day the CAT club sold them and they were made for Shelby by American Racing.

Mine are NOS and still in the original boxes. The spokes are gold and the outside edges are polished.

Bob J.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Bob--when I bought my wife's beater back in the early 90's it had 2 of the gold ones on the front, traded them to a friend for a few parts--he still has them with the CS caps.

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
I ran across this ad the other day...wish they were still that cheap.

I'm running Western Cyclone I wheels on my Tiger. I inquired about replacement center caps and got a quote of $45 per cap. Same price as the cost of the wheel in the ad. Glad I've still got all my caps and just wanted a back-up set.

venice532

Gold forum user
CAT Member
wheels

Hi Bruce, I've attached a picture of the Shelby wheel I have.

Justin, I only got one CS center cap with these wheels and I after I checked around a bit I was shocked at how much vintage center caps sell for.

Bob J.

leepear

Gold forum user
I restored some Ansen Sprint rims for my Oldsmobile 442. The car was ordered with poverty caps and the first owner put the Ansens on. Had them turned on a lathe to get the original mill marks back. The center caps 1970 vintage are very difficult to find and bring upwards of 100ea and more. Then to straighten and recrome for a show car another 200 each. I won't say what I had into the wheels but it was probably five fold what I paid for my cosmic wheels with NOS tires. Restorations and vintage parts can be pricey. Lee