wheel/tire question

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I went picking today and bought a dash, wheel and tire and 2 e-brake covers. I have a question--the tire is a Dunlop Golden Seal 6.00x13. The wheel is an ivory color on the outside and black on the inside--is that factory?
I then got a lead on a Tiger so I went to check it out--wow. The guy said he did have one in his building, it's been sitting for 30 years. We go in after talking for a bit and boy was it buried. Complete with hardtop but covered in "stuff", completely. He dug out a section to open the door (sq corner) and the inside was just as packed with "stuff". A friend built the motor in the 70's and was a local street racer--said the only thing to beat him was a KZ1000. This guy bought it in the late 70's and had fun with it--parking it in the early 80's to restore--has not gotten around to it yet. Nice guy, told him I would check in from time to time to see if he started it yet as he needs a few parts.
That was my fun today.........
2ue5uyw.jpg

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
BTW--cleaned the wh/tire up, turned out nice. Tire is good shape and holding air still, tread was full of tread.

Mark P

Bronze forum user
Sounds like a Good Day.

Nice pickins, especially the dash. From the photos the dash looks like its in exceptional condition, no delamination visable and with a little polish, ready to install. Was the Tiger owner considering selling or just starting on the project after all these years? I believe the spare tire is the original condition as I have seen both Alpine and Tiger spares same color combo. But I'm no expert.
Cheers
MarkP

steven

Gold forum user
Also be aware, old tyres are not suitable for road driving, show only. The damage to old rubber may not be visible until it is subjected to normal stress any tyre has while driving. Here in Aussie land, tyres over a certain age will not pass the safety check.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
the wheels are foam grey which is an ivory/off white. and they hade the black on the back.

Dash is intersting, doesnt have the text for the switches though.. so a remake or already was refinshed a while back?

Warren

Gold forum user
Good ol Jay

This odd fellow you picked parted out what looked to be a complete car from the pics. When this guy was selling the rear end he was hesitant to tell the rear end number, turns out it had the same number as the San Pedro Tiger that had gone missing. It was a hard way to find out that several cars had that rear end no.

This is the same guy I bought as a BIN air cleaner from when he started parting the car. I called Bruce since he was close and it's always better to deal with the devil you know. Now nearly 3 years later he's back hawking some left overs.

We never saw more than a pic of the shell and scattered bits.

Great story, that shows that working together and persistence pays off.
I think someone was looking for a stock tire for show car.

Since your car got personalized you need that banana skin VW style tire
like you need a beater

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I have been picking Jay for quite some time--he always seems to find more Tiger parts. The guy with the "hiding" tiger is going to restore it one day, but he also had about 4 other cars in the shop that were going to be restored too. I'll keep checking in with him, nice fellow. He was working on a 32 steel 3 window coupe when I was there with a killer motor in it--came out of his nostalgia fuel altered--sounded awesome.
As far as the spare tire/wheel, I have no attachment to it, I did a bundle deal. The dash looks great once I cleaned it up, no delamination at all, and the e brake covers are new and I needed one.