1" Front Sway Bar

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I'm probably going to have a small batch of 1 inch sway bars made up out of
4140 Chrome Moly.

If anyone is interested in one, please contact me ASAP. The cost for the bar should be less than $100.

67tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I'm looking for a 7/8's however 1" would probably work. Do you have a source for urethane bushings to go along with the sway bar? I'm very interested!

Don Lutjen-503-384-9517 dlutjen@aol.com

Last edited:

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
We're also trying to put together a group buy for having a batch of 1" bushings custom made for us.

bt

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The bushings have already been ordered. A few sets have been shipped to me (but we cleaned out their stock & it will take a couple weeks for the supplier to build more. And then there's the shipping time.)

The bushings and the clip reinforcers are about a month away. The bars should be ready in a week or two.

I keep delaying because more and more keep adding to the order which in turn keeps lowering the costs which... Well, you get the idea.

Regardless, I'm going to purchase the CrMo next week.

67tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hey BT, the sway bars will use the existing and original hardware at the bushing mounting points, right? Thanks, Don

67tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I'm probably going to have a small batch of 1 inch sway bars made up out of
4140 Chrome Moly.

If anyone is interested in one, please contact me ASAP. The cost for the bar should be less than $100.

So what the heck did you ever make these bars??? I requested one but never heard a thing. aside from they were not done yet but would be.

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
In a word, yes.

The bars got done last fall & those who wanted only the bars got them back then. (The custom made bushings were built and already in hand.) Over half the bars have now been delivered.

The problem has been that so many wanted me to make pieces to reinforce their stock mounting clips. (I offered to provide drawings so individuals could make their own but got no takers.) It takes 8 different pieces, almost everyone different. It requires some precision hole location but also a lot of handwork. After 14 hours of work, I almost have a small batch of three more sets finished. It's absurdly slow work. And I have other, more pressing, demands on my time from the Tiger community.

I made a batch of twenty bars. You are #19 in the line. Eventually I'll get that far making these pieces. BTW, if you want to cancel, that's fine with me. (The bars came out so great that others who want one have offered over double what I quoted the group last year.)

I know dealing with volunteers can be frustrating. But as the old saying goes, "You get what you pay for." I'd love for someone to volunteer to help build these silly pieces but so far no luck.

BTW, this forum supports PMs for communications between members.

at the beach