2024 Tigers United location

SIV Allan

Silver forum user
CAT Member
In 2013 I drove my Tiger from Atlanta to the United and back home. That year it was
held in Big Bear.

Where will it be held in 2024?

Both my Tiger and myself are a decade older - and we weren't adolescents then - but I think the Tiger is up to the task, with a little planning.

I'd appreciate any info on next year's United that's available at this early date.

-Allan Ballard
--Mk1a Tiger
--Series I Alpine (v6)

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
In 2013 I drove my Tiger from Atlanta to the United and back home. That year it was
held in Big Bear.

Both my Tiger and myself are a decade older - and we weren't adolescents then - but I think the Tiger is up to the task, with a little planning.

I'd appreciate any info on next year's United that's available at this early date.

-Allan Ballard
--Mk1a Tiger
--Series I Alpine (v6)
I heard a rumor . . . .

Hoghead

Gold forum user
I remember when Tigers United was first envisioned as a meeting of the Canadian Tigers Assoc, Pacific Tigers Assoc, CAT, and STOA.
I belonged to the Canadian Tigers Assoc and attended those early meetings, geographically located so that us northern Owners could attend.
5 decades later, sadly now is is a California meeting................................

Travis

Bronze forum user
Hi all, Sorry I have not posted information on the 2024 TU event yet, just not very familiar with the Forum. The Hotel is Holiday Inn the Lodge at Big Bear Lake 40650 Village Drive Big Bear Lake, CA 92315. For Reservations (PLEASE call in early, they are selling rooms that week already & filling up fast) 909-866-3121 & ask for the Tigers United group rate, $140 plus tax. The Manager is Maria Mendoza if the desk is not finding the Tiger group deal. The Dates of the event, Monday through Thursday, June 17, 2024, check in & Friday June 21st check out. Thats Monday arrival & welcome dinner, Tuesday is Rally & Tiger Quiz, Wednesday is the Autocross at the Big Bear Airport (Barring bad weather or Fire), Thursday is Concours & Awards ceremony & dinner. Friday is checking out & drive home. We are discussing the event pricing at this time but will have that posted long before you can start to register in January 2024. Asking anyone that has a race car to please bring along for display in front of the hotel.

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Tigers United 2024 – Big Bear

This is a rehash of Travis' original post (below) but we'll "sticky" this so his important information will be displayed at the top of the page

This will be a weekday event! Arrival on Monday June 17 and check out on Friday June 21.

The host hotel will be Holiday Inn’s “the Lodge at Big Bear Lake” located at 40650 Village Drive in Big
Bear Lake, CA 92315. CAT has blocked 50 rooms so those will go quickly. We suggest booking your
room ASAP as the hotel tells us they expect to be quite busy that time of year
and rooms are already quickly being reserved.

The Tigers United group rate is $140 plus taxes.
You can make your reservation through the hotel’s desk (909) 866-3121

The schedule looks like this:

Monday: Arrival, Registration, Tech, Welcome Dinner
Tuesday: Rally & Quiz
Wednesday: Autocross at Big Bear Airport, forest fires permitting
Thursday: Concours, Awards Banquet
Friday: Check out and homeward bound

Event Pricing and Registration are still TBD.

Chairs Travis and Laurie Compton plan to display Sunbeam race cars in front of the hotel and are asking owners to help make this happen.

Buck
Admin

Travis

Bronze forum user
held in Big Bear.

-Allan Ballard
--Mk1a Tiger
--Series I Alpine (v6)
held in Big Bear.

-Allan Ballard
--Mk1a Tiger
--Series I Alpine (v6)
Going to be in Big Bear CA, love to see you at the 2024 event!
The Hotel is Holiday Inn the Lodge at Big Bear Lake 40650 Village Drive Big Bear Lake, CA 92315. For Reservations (PLEASE call in early, they are selling rooms that week already & filling up fast) 909-866-3121 & ask for the Tigers United group rate, $140 plus tax. The Manager is Maria Mendoza if the desk is not finding the Tiger group deal. The Dates of the event, Monday through Thursday, June 17, 2024, check in & Friday June 21st check out. Thats Monday arrival & welcome dinner, Tuesday is Rally & Tiger Quiz, Wednesday is the Autocross at the Big Bear Airport (Barring bad weather or Fire), Thursday is Concours & Awards ceremony & dinner. Friday is checking out & drive home. We are discussing the event pricing at this time but will have that posted long before you can start to register in January 2024. Asking anyone that has a race car to please bring along for display in front of the hotel.

Travis

Bronze forum user
Hi All
There is a computer glitch at the Holiday Inn reservation desk, so please hold off calling. I will post as soon as I am successful in getting the rate fixed. Some have booked the regular rate $150 plus tax just to be sure they do not sell out but will have to call again when it is fixed.