A Bit Of History For Ya

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
OK; Not directly Tiger related, BUT, since we are collectively history buffs, I thought some of you would appreciate this piece of history now in the shop for a little TLC before heading back to the left coast. Wait for the pre-shipping road test. :D

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Flying !!

Yes it has a real deal side oiler although a 427 bowtie would have made this sucker fly...like the owner driver

Moondoggie

Like 199 MPH ain't enough for ya ?? Need huge brass clangors . . . . . . . .:eek:

1fineAlpine

Silver forum user
My dream car. Even though I'll never own a real one, a replica would do just fine. Had a chance to check one out back when I did upholstery, with a 428. Awesome cars.

Paul4223

Gold forum user
The Brothers Kirkham make the most incredible replicas I've ever seen. The cars are widely considered to be perhaps the finest out there, certainly near the top of a very short list. They work closely with Shelby American. Megabux for sure, but still less expensive than an original, and no doubt better to drive. I believe they also offer a version which duplicates the driving and handling characteristics of the original for the hard-core Cobra enthusiast.

The polished aluminum version of their 427, is beyond outrageous on an already outrageous car. Polishing costs a mere $15,000 extra.

I'm on their build list, but it's contingent upon my winning the lottery. ;)

Last edited:

Gasman

Bronze forum user
I had a Unique motorcars 427 model with a real 427 SO in it. Seriously fun car, but way too much HP in a 2K lb. car. I got sick of everyone asking me if it was real. No more fakey-do cars for me.

Last edited:

Paul4223

Gold forum user
I had a Unique motorcars 427 model with a real 427 SO in it. Seriously fun car, but way too much HP in a 2K lb. car. I got sick of everyone asking me if it was real. No more fakey-do cars for me.

A few light years ago, when it was time for me to get another sports car, I briefly considered a moderately priced Cobra replica. I decided against it, because I figured I wanted a "real" car. The one comment I occasionaly get from women about my car is that it's "cute." Sometimes I ignore it, sometimes I smile and say "my dear, we do not use the "C" word when discussing this car."

I've yet to hear a guy call it cute. :D Come to think of it, I don't think anyone's ever asked me if it was a "real" car, either.

Gasman

Bronze forum user
A few light years ago, when it was time for me to get another sports car, I briefly considered a moderately priced Cobra replica. I decided against it, because I figured I wanted a "real" car. The one comment I occasionaly get from women about my car is that it's "cute." Sometimes I ignore it, sometimes I smile and say "my dear, we do not use the "C" word when discussing this car."

I've yet to hear a guy call it cute. :D Come to think of it, I don't think anyone's ever asked me if it was a "real" car, either.

Well there you go. Alpine's are cute, Tiger's are bad to the bone, but both are freakin real.

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
Nice. Thanks for the pics. Would enjoy seeing more of Smitty's when it's back on the ground too.

Guys don't say it's cute but I have had them going up the aisles in an auto parts store yelling "who owns the Sunbeam Tiger"?

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Back in '08 I had a SuperFormance Cobra with the Ford 392 stroker----that was a beast but super easy to drive.

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
Back in '08 I had a SuperFormance Cobra with the Ford 392 stroker----that was a beast but super easy to drive.

Small world I had a Superformance SPF931 for about 5 years but I also became tied of the same old question...IS it REAL !!! Oh just a crappy kit car...
so I saved myself about $800 K and bought the Tiger...

Moondoggie

Warren

Gold forum user
Really

I hear the same kind of questions, no not my hair line:)

At least they are not rapping on the sheet metal to see if it is tupperware I mean fiberglass.

Not a problem that is exclusive to any breed , but nobody ever said that about my VW conv. :cool: