Alpine and Tiger windshields

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Now available from Moss under part # 009-183. priced at 199.99 retail, $50 additional freight charge. They have 73, they will not be ordering any more.
Cheap if they are decent. Methinks I will stock a few. Thanks for the update. Are they listing other stuff for us?

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I bought a couple.. I used to buy these from Victoria British regularly. Never had an issue with the quality. It only took me 3 years to get Moss to sell them. I imagine that they will slowly sell other parts... it's a matter of enough people yelling at them and for them to be satisfied they won't have any reputational harm.. I told them just to throw away all of the interior trim as what they had was pretty horrible.

o2bdriving

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Now available from Moss under part # 009-183. priced at 199.99 retail, $50 additional freight charge. They have 73, they will not be ordering any more.
Are they in Virginia? Thx Sean.

1686421318175.png

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Michael, I will ask the powers that be about a possible CAT purchase.

Buck
Sadly unlikely to help me... But I think would be a good thing to have in stock for members .. espcially if they are a reasonable price... And the shipping on a larger order could be cheaper

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for letting us know Sean! I just ordered a few of them.
Thanks Sean! My wife bought two for spares just in case. If they're still in the boxes used by VB they should arrive in good condition.

Agent 861

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Sadly unlikely to help me... But I think would be a good thing to have in stock for members .. espcially if they are a reasonable price... And the shipping on a larger order could be cheaper
Me too -Although I supect postage slightly cheaper to Aus than New Zealand . If someone could post the dimensions and weight of the windsheild when theirs arrives -I will be able to get an estimate of postage via my US forwarding company - i suspect will be prohibtive but I would like to do the exercise -Karl

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Me too -Although I supect postage slightly cheaper to Aus than New Zealand . If someone could post the dimensions and weight of the windsheild when theirs arrives -I will be able to get an estimate of postage via my US forwarding company - i suspect will be prohibtive but I would like to do the exercise -Karl
Karl,

There were some screens made in Queensland a couple of years back for the S3-V and Tiger, I think without the tint strip at the top.
Do you need a screen or just a spare?

Agent 861

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Karl,

There were some screens made in Queensland a couple of years back for the S3-V and Tiger, I think without the tint strip at the top.
Do you need a screen or just a spare?
Thank You Michael - No just a spare -But with a Series V alpine and the Tiger in the family its good insurance . I can't see either car ever being sold if either my Son or I are alive .- Although a bad day with the Tiger today as I discovered rust bubbling through on the passenger guard and then found the bottom bar on the drivers side seat frame is bent - meaning the Rake adjustment cogs won't engage and hold .
Will need some remedial work next weekend -Still never going to sell it !!!

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
As far as shipping by UPS the shipping charge on my invoice for two windshields was a total of $39.99 plus an over size charge of $50.00 each. My understanding from my conversation about a week ago is that the windshields are in Virginia.

Agent 861

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Thanks I’m not worried about US shipping to my forwarding address in California -it’s just the cost of on shipping to New Zealand . If I have the weight and dimensions I can get an accurate estimate of the freight cost across the Pacific which will make or break the purchase.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Thanks I’m not worried about US shipping to my forwarding address in California -it’s just the cost of on shipping to New Zealand . If I have the weight and dimensions I can get an accurate estimate of the freight cost across the Pacific which will make or break the purchase.
Well.... the ones Rick sells were $600 to me in Washington State...... I kind of felt moderately abused. That's a big difference from $200 ea with a $50 box fee. (Rick quoted $400 plus $100 box fee plus $100 shipping) I asked, since I'm buying 2 that will likely be boxed together... if they'll waive the second $50 fee?? As I am a Moss distributor, I'll get a discount on the retail price anyway. I'll keep you posted.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Well.... the ones Rick sells were $600 to me in Washington State...... I kind of felt moderately abused. That's a big difference from $200 ea with a $50 box fee. (Rick quoted $400 plus $100 box fee plus $100 shipping) I asked, since I'm buying 2 that will likely be boxed together... if they'll waive the second $50 fee?? As I am a Moss distributor, I'll get a discount on the retail price anyway. I'll keep you posted.
In their 2019 catalog VB was offering the windshields for $139.95 plus shipping. If you talk with your contact would you ask if they have any of the early Alpine ( series 1 & 2 ) windshields. They're different from series 3 on Alpines and Tigers.

o2bdriving

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I believe they are in Va.
I have bought a couple as well
I called Moss and spoke to the agent. First was unaware that they were selling sunbeam stuff, then was told that I couldn't pick it up at the door. When you next speak to your contact, would you ask if we can pick up a few at the store? Thx