alt fuel line routing

pappentl

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I'm thinking of running my fuel line off of the carb towards the brake booster and down the back of the engine (see picture). Anyone else run a line like this and are there any issues with running over the header? Thoughts? I have to fab new lines anyway. Thanks.

Tom
B9473100

Attachments

• fuel line routing alt.jpg
    fuel line routing alt.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 169

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Fuel Leak

My only concern would be that if the rubber hoses were to leak, the gasoline could drip onto the headers with the potential of an inconvenient fire. Can you hard pipe the fuel line further away from the carb so that if a rubber line were to leak, the gasoline would drip harmlessly onto the ground?

steven

Gold forum user
OK my Tiger is right hand drive and the fuel line loops around the distributor and ducks down above the lower radiator hose and from there it goes back with clearance from the headers above the frame rail. after that it is back along the frame rail to the tank outlet (I have the pump in the wheel well )

Maliburevue

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Fuel Line

I flipped the metal feed to my carb backwards and run the fuel line down the top of the bellhousing to the frame rail. There is a 3" length of rubber fuel line from the carb feed to the steel fuel line at the front of the firewall, so I can disconnect the fuel line from the carb and move it out of the way if I need to remove the carb, but it's all steel all the way back to the fuel pump. It's been fine for 13 years.

Gary

Attachments

• Engine Right.jpg
    Engine Right.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 176

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sweet Dressing

Gary: That is a clean looking install.
The Tiger is crowded, so, just by proximity none of it is safe. But. it's all better than the old Bantams where the leaking glass fuel bowl dropped onto the open ignition system.

Forrest39

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Like Gary's install

I followed the configuration that Gary had put together for the PO of my car. I put in a fuel injection system with a return line but the routing works well for carbs too. -Kevin

Attachments

• IMG_3167.jpeg
    IMG_3167.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 400
  • IMG_3164.jpeg
    IMG_3164.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 393
  • IMG_3256.jpeg
    IMG_3256.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 194

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Neat and Crowded

I followed the configuration that Gary had put together for the PO of my car. I put in a fuel injection system with a return line but the routing works well for carbs too. -Kevin

As good as it can be fer sure. I once measured the tunnel temp just for gigs a couple of times. It was well over boiling even on the cold days. However, a constant fuel flow should have a cooling effect.