Aluminum Radiator, To Paint or Not To Paint?

Theorangetiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I'm pretty set on installing an aftermarket aluminum radiator but am stuck on whether to paint it or not, the main concern being how much would paint or other coating affect cooling efficiency.
I prefer the more stock look of a black radiator but keeping the car cool is by far the most important factor here.

Thoughts?

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Techline Coatings (makers of Cermachrome) used to sell a black coating for radiators that improved heat dissipation. It was described as a thermal dispersant.

Theorangetiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for the suggestions. I looked at Techline. Looks like good stuff but the site seems neglected with no info on where to buy or how to order.

Eastwood does sell the radiator paint which they say dissipates heat. Looks promising.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I'm pretty set on installing an aftermarket aluminum radiator but am stuck on whether to paint it or not, the main concern being how much would paint or other coating affect cooling efficiency.
I prefer the more stock look of a black radiator but keeping the car cool is by far the most important factor here.

Thoughts?
I tend to avoid the alloy radiators as they cannot be repaired. I re-cored my standard radiator with a special core with dimpled tubes that slow the water down.... and then I painted in black!

My car runs consistently just below the middle of the gauge even on triple digit days.