Amelia Island Auction

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
A Mark II Tiger SOLD this morning at the auction but I missed it. Now I can’t find the results to know what the hammer price was. Did anyone see the auction and know the final sale price? Thanks.
Rick

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
It was Lot 286, offered by Broad Arrow Auctions, according to their website. Maybe the additional info will help someone get your answers. I did not see the auction.

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I received an email from one the TEAE guys saying it sold for $115k. I am assuming that is the gavel price and not including any commissions.

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I received an email from one the TEAE guys saying it sold for $115k. I am assuming that is the gavel price and not including any commissions.
Thanks for the info. This seems like a low price for such a nice example of a Mark II. It doesn’t bode well for the Tiger market. What do y’all think?

Rick

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
It would seem to me, but maybe seeing it up close and personal lowered the value. It looked good from the photos.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Has some incorrect items, w/s washer bottle is for Mk1/Mk1a. shifter is wrong. Look like it has a serious brake fluid leak as the reservoir is less than half full. Was Orchid green at one time, as the area around the tac sticker is that color.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The way I heard it as did others east of the river, the long term owner of the car passed away and after awhile the family sent it to the shop of Wayne Tubbs for restoration. Prior to that it had work done by Scott Woerth back in the early 80's. The owner called Scott's work a "refresh". The car does carry a TAC # and the VIN tag does show it to originally be color code 86 which is Forest Green. This car has been mentioned recently on Tiger facebook pages.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The car does carry a TAC # and the VIN tag does show it to originally be color code 86 which is Forest Green. This car has been mentioned recently on Tiger facebook pages.
When I looked at the photos on Broad Arrow Auctions website, the TAC sticker seemed to have the number partially scraped off. Did you read the number?

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
When I looked at the photos on Broad Arrow Auctions website, the TAC sticker seemed to have the number partially scraped off. Did you read the number?
Shouldn't there be a way to cross reference the VIN # to find the TAC #?

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yes, if one has access to the TAC database. The last time I heard someone trying to access it, it was not working. It should be up by now.

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I searched finding this car which looks very nice, assuming the car being discussed. At $128k it is probably a good bargain
sold 128k Amelia auction 3-1-24.JPG
if restoration workmanship as good as the pictures seem. Restoration costs are insane expensive these days IMO. Best to the new owner. Tons of pictures on the link

https://www.broadarrowauctions.com/vehicles/am24_r169/1967-sunbeam-tiger-mk-ii

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I searched finding this car which looks very nice, assuming the car being discussed. At $128k it is probably a good bargainView attachment 19090 if restoration workmanship as good as the pictures seem. Restoration costs are insane expensive these days IMO. Best to the new owner. Tons of pictures on the link

https://www.broadarrowauctions.com/vehicles/am24_r169/1967-sunbeam-tiger-mk-ii
AVG Tiger resto out of my shop is $85-130K.. It just depends on what you start with! I always tell my clients, it's a money losing proposition, not for the weak of heart or checkbook! There really isn't an appreciable difference in the cost on the labor side of whatever you're going to restore, if your interest is in doing a correct and quality restoration. The determining factor is the cost of rare parts and the amount of rot in the car. There are very few cars left that will be worth the effort and return a profit, an Aston Martin DB5 (and then, only in LHD) is about the only one that springs to mind. Most of my clients are either very long-term owners with an emotional attachment or are reliving their youth! Either way, completely understandable, if they have the money. It is, most definitely a buyer's market at present!

There are some very minor items that are incorrect from a quick look. None of them hugely expensive to rectify.