Braided Oil Pressure Hose

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
Does anybody have a source for a braided oil pressure hose for the oil pressure gauge? I would feel more comfortable with hot oil coming into the cockpit with something stronger than a teflon hose.

Thanks,

Marty

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Does anybody have a source for a braided oil pressure hose for the oil pressure gauge? I would feel more comfortable with hot oil coming into the cockpit with something stronger than a teflon hose.

Thanks,

Marty
I favor The VDO copper line kit at any auto parts store. Just sayin'

Theorangetiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I had a braided line just like what you describe made by Earl's Supply, now called AN Plumbing, in the '80s and am still running it. I don't know the specs for the fittings offhand but they are common ones.

https://www.anplumbing.com

ktwhite

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I prefer the braided type. Use that on my drag cars and hold up well (heat and abrasions) . As stated above AN plumbing.com. Use a -3AN line. They come pre made with female -3AN fittings on end of hose, just need to know how long. I believe the block side 1/8NPT to -3AN male. Gauge side I have aftermarket (same 1/8NPT to -3 AN). Stock gauge may need adapter. Below is what they look like with adapter in center.
image.jpg

Warren

Gold forum user
Earls has a shop in Hawthorne CA. about 5 miles away. Probably where the old CAT parts ones came from. I had one but it went with a project car. If I had a example be easy to drop off for fabrication. Look for the adapter TPI and sizing sure pretty sure I saw it in a thread someplace.