Brake Booster Clamp Info.

Steven43

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Dose any one know a youtube sight on how to install the clamp on the brake booster hose. I have the clamp-wrapping stuff, but after 30 years I have forgotten how to do it.
Steven A.

DSCN9716.JPG

DSCN9717.JPG

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
you insert the strapping material through the slot (below the cotter pin) about 3/4" and bend it over.. Then wrap the strap material around the hose and through the same hole.. Wrap it around one more time and then insert through the cotter pin halves. Cut the strap material about 1" away from the cotter pin. Turn the cotter pin COUNTER clockwise until the whole thing is tight. turning it counter clockwise locks the strap and prevents it from loosening.

clear as mud???

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
These clamps appear to be the same as Steven43's. I just received them from Restoration Supply Co.

1FC2D979-4E06-43FE-98A4-5B4E38A57AF6.jpeg

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Oh well. I tried. I have never seen one before getting into a Tiger 2-1/2 years ago.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
that is an original style clamp...
Not just original style but one of several that I have that were in the inventory of a dealer in W Va. way back when I bought all the Rootes / Chrysler parts that they had left. All the Simca parts that I had to take are somewhere in the attic. The wife and I have been buying and stocking Sunbeam parts since the mid 80's. All of the cabinets on this side of the shop are full of parts. If it breaks on any of the Beams I can fix it.
100_0345.JPG
100_0347.JPG
103_0086.JPG