Door Card Installation

Theorangetiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I think that plastic door cards are available which would not warp if they got wet or damp. As long as you can keep moisture off the hardboard type you should be fine. But I may be thinking of the trunk panels having the plastic option ? I have not decided what I will do about a replacement if any
You probably are thinking about the trunk panels that don't get covered. Upholstery shops don't like using plastic for covered panels because they can't staple to them nearly as well.

Quality 1/8" plywood is a good alternative to masonite because it's much more stable if it does get wet.

Last edited:

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
I think that plastic door cards are available which would not warp if they got wet or damp. As long as you can keep moisture off the hardboard type you should be fine. But I may be thinking of the trunk panels having the plastic option ? I have not decided what I will do about a replacement if any
I bought a set of door cards from Sunbeam Specialties a few months ago. The board is made out of plastic. If the intent is just to protect the hardboard, maybe you don't need a barrier in that case?

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
I bought a set of door cards from Sunbeam Specialties a few months ago. The board is made out of plastic. If the intent is just to protect the hardboard, maybe you don't need a barrier in that case?
I would agree because the possibility of dust should be minimal especially if the rubber stoppers are in place along the bottom and the outside seal is good