E Brake help

Growler

Gold forum user
Just wondering if any of you have experience with emergency brake cross rods. This is actually for another project, but I am having difficulty with this so I am reaching out to the CAT forum as you all have been very helpful (with my Tiger) in the past.

Here is the situation/issue. I am using an Austin Healy 3000 rear end on another English car (Daimler SP250) as the car came with this stronger rear end. The car came from the PO with no emergency/parking brake and I was able to locate the parts needed which include the swivel/balancer and rods with clevis ends that run from the swivel to the levers at the backing plates. Problem is, I had to relocate the swivel bracket due to interference/clearance issues and now one rod is too long and one too short. I was told by my welder that the rods were forged and that if I had him cut/weld them to the lengths I need, they would not be as strong. I was hoping to do that or buy some new (stainless?) rods with threaded ends and new threaded clevis'/eyes. I do not want to use cable although the research I have done says that cables (in the hot rod market) are tested to 2000lbs, so that would be my goal with the rods....any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am stuck. Thanks, Josh

Warren

Gold forum user
Cables

Morse engine controls are solid stainless steel and used on boats. Other outboard mfg.s have other applications too. Just an idea as soon as you say boat price goes up.

Charlie_N

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
The E brake rods on the Tiger are not forged. I would think they could be duplicated with round stock and a die to thread them. I used a Lokar cable on a Hillman project. A little pricey but nice quality stuff.
Charlie N
65 Tiger
59 Hillman