Wanted early "B" post caps

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Wanted, RH early "B" post cap, or pair (LH and RH)... The RH one I have is cracked. The car is a very early MK1a transition car. According to the parts list the change point Is B382000379. The LH one I have is re-chromable... the RH one, not so much. The part I am after would be the same as a series 3 or 4 Alpine. I do have a set of series 5 Alpine "B" post caps.... they are just not correct for a car with the chassis number it has.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Wanted, RH early "B" post cap, or pair (LH and RH)... The RH one I have is cracked. The car is a very early MK1a transition car. According to the parts list the change point Is B382000379. The LH one I have is re-chromable... the RH one, not so much. The part I am after would be the same as a series 3 or 4 Alpine. I do have a set of series 5 Alpine "B" post caps.... they are just not correct for a car with the chassis number it has.
I just had to hunt down a wide cap for my own #78 , although it originally had narrow caps when I bought it new. Go figure ? I will check my sources for you. PS: Do you have a source for the flat 10 X 32 that hold down the B-post cap. The available ovals here stick up too much.

Last edited:

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
They have them in various lengths. 100 to a box. Several of us split a box of the stainless steel ones.
I'm going to hand off a bunch of flat 316 stainless to my chrome guy. Hopefully, he's in a kind mood $$$.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I'm going to hand off a bunch of flat 316 stainless to my chrome guy. Hopefully, he's in a kind mood $$$.
We polished the stainless ones. The hard top hasn't been off the green car since 2013 which is when Doug finished the body. The shop in Pa. said the show chrome used on the caps would build up too much in the grooves of the screws.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I just had to hunt down a wide cap for my own #78 , although it originally had narrow caps when I bought it new. Go figure ? I will check my sources for you. PS: Do you have a source for the flat 10 X 32 that hold down the B-post cap. The available ovals here stick up too much.
I have tons of them, I buy them from either Fastenal or Tacoma Screw

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Our local "Do It Best" hardware store carries a line of chrome fasteners that are sold individually instead of by the box. It might be worth taking a look.