Ford Mercury Capri Cosmic Wheels 13" in CL

chirodoc

Gold forum user
CAPRI WHEELS

These Capri II wheels look good on my red Tiger, but not a simple bolt on. The original lug nuts are metric and the bolt holes in the wheels are larger than aftermarket SAE lug nuts. A machinist friend made bushings to compensate for the increased hole diameter. Then there are the centercaps. Originals will cost more than the wheels! Aftermarket 13 in center caps are few and far between.
Roger

Warren

Gold forum user
Also subject here

http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20996

Almost bought these some time back, but the time and trouble is still keeping me back.
Please look at the thread there are a couple of pics and suggestions on center cap fixes. I particularly like the sticker our bro made up and he sent me artwork to duplicate them.

But still the problem of being 13's and tire size. Is guess if we wait long enough a speciality tire company will make Tiger paws X fingers but not holding breath.

Will break open piggy bank for the right set of wheels. I have 14" Pannasports now so of you are sitting on something period correct pm me.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Tiger Paws Pause

Part of our shop's roll around gear just happens to be a complete set of Tiger Paw tires on steel wheels with full (unused?) tread. Lord only knows what year they were born? I have tested a car or two with them at speed (risky), and they spin fine & smooth. The guys enjoy the joke of having Tiger feet on a Tiger . . . . . . . .