green tiger racing...

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I was surprised to see how far the left front lifts on takeoff (windshield mounted camera shot) and how much the hood tries to open. Good to see us well represented.

Twin Turbo Tiger

Gold forum user
Where was this at? I would try and travel to something like this to represent the Sunbeam
TIGERS of the world, don't know if I could go a full 1/2 mile because i already go a 148 in a 1/4 mile.

chirodoc

Gold forum user
CHICAGO I/2 MILE CHALLANGE

CONTACT HUGH GUYNES IN CINCINATI OH, THROUGH TIGERS EAST HE RUNS SIMILAR EVENTS BACK EAST. GREEN TIGER RACING.

Tiger347

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Jerry, Check the website Wannagofast.com. There are still slots available for the next event July 12-13 at Horseshoe Bay Tx. There are two classes ; forced induction (FI)and NA . The fastest FI cars run over 200mph . I ran the NA class with an aluminum 363, Big Stuff 3 fuel injection ,5 speed and 3.31 gears . At 149.7 mph I was at 5900rpm in 5th gear.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
What size wheels and tyres are you running? In some ways I'm surprised you are not running a higher terminal speed... That said 150mph in a tiger requires some testicular fortitude

Tiger347

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Michael, I ran on my street tires- BFG Rivals 205/50 15s. I had some drag radials but did not run them .The 363ci motor and drag radials are not kind to tapered axles and hubs.( I've ruined 2 sets in the past 18 months.)

Probably the main factor limiting my top speed was aerodynamic drag. The newer cars are so much better at punching through the air than our 50 year old cars.
The weather that day was also hot and humid. On a different ( smoother ) runway with cooler temps , I have run about 5mph faster.

Here are some times from last year's event for newer NA cars. The weather was about the same, upper 80s and humid.

2010 Camaro SS 135
2011 Mustang GT 139
2006 Lamborghini Murcielago 147
2008 Viper ACR 148
2010 BMW M5 149
Ferrari 458 154
the fastest NA time for the event
Corvette Z06 160 (according to owner about 700hp.)