Hummmm...32 valve Ford 347.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
im004517wj1.jpg

im004521cd8.jpg

im006155.jpg

Very intriguing. 4 valve heads for a Ford Small Block. Can use stock roller cam, lifters, push rods, intake and exhaust. At $5K a set, it would be very expensive for the additional HP. Who knows…..some day.

Made by a small shop in CA - http://www.araoengineering.com/Ford/frdsmb.htm

FrankS

Silver forum user
strange

ojk all kidding aside I agree with you on the bang for the buck. I think it is also a tad ridiculous looking, but hey I commend the effort from an engineering stand point and would be fun to see dyno results.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
No way in hell those heads would fit in a Tiger engine compartment.

We will just have to be happy with ~500 HP or so. ;)

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
WE will just have to be happy with 500HP......

I wonder if this would fit ????..........

I just got this email from Ford Racing:

Ford Racing RE: New 363 Boss Pushrod Long Blocks

Hello Ford Racing Partners,

We are pleased to announce our new 363 Boss Pushrod Long Blocks.

Our initial inventory is ready for immediate delivery.

A new short block (M-6009-363) will also be available for order by next week.

M-6007-Z363RT CRATE ENGINE LONG BLOCK - REAR SUMP
M-6007-Z363FT CRATE ENGINE LONG BLOCK - FRONT SUMP

M-6007-Z363RT (Rear Sump) / Z347FT (Front Sump)
Following the old Hot Rodding adage that there is no substitute for cubes, Ford Racing takes the popular 302 based stroker to the max with the 500 horsepower Z363 crate engine. By taking the bore out to 4.125”, the displacement of the popular 347 stroker has been increased to 363 cubic inches. Combined with an improved Mahle piston, the Z363 makes 50 more horsepower and 50 lb. ft. of torque than the Z347 that it replaces. Nothing but the best parts are used inside including: forged crankshaft, forged I-beam connecting rods with floating piston pins and a high performance oiling system. Built with the BOSS 302 block and Z304D aluminum heads, Z363 fits many of the vehicles originally built with a 289 or 302 8.2” deck height block. Ford Racing Engineers designed Z363 to work both on the street and the strip with strong torque curve that delivers over 390 lb ft from 3500 to the 6500 rpm redline. With a compression ratio of 10.0:1, Z363 runs on unleaded premium pump gas.
500 hp @ 6500 rpm
450 lb-ft @ 5300 rpm
Engine type: 302 based small block ford
Displacement (cu in): 363
Bore x stroke (in): 4.125" bore x 3.400" stroke
Block: Boss 302 8.2 deck
Crankshaft: SCAT Forged Steel
Connecting rods: SCAT forged steel I-beam connecting rods
Pistons: Forged Mahle
Camshaft type: Hydraulic Roller
Camshaft lift (in): .580"/.602"
Camshaft duration (@.050 in): 232°/240°
Cylinder Heads (p/n M-6049-Z304DA): Ford Racing Aluminum "Z" Cylinder Heads
Valve size (in): 2.02" intake 1.60" exhaust
Compression ratio: 10.1:1 (nominal)
Rocker arms: Roller Rockers
Rocker arm ratio: 1.65:1
Vibration Damper – Ford Racing SFI Approved
Valve covers: Ford Racing cast aluminum black wrinkle finish w/ Boss Script (M-6582-BOSS)
Oil pan: high performance T-sump front or rear 7 quart capacity and windage tray / scraper
Water pump: Edelbrock hi-performance
Distributor: Not included
Recommended fuel: Premium unleaded
Ignition timing: 32° BTDC at 4,000 RPM
Maximum recommended rpm: 6,500
Balanced: Internal
Intake: Not included.
Engine power rating based on long tube headers, Edelbrock intake manifold #2928 Super Victor w/ 750 Holley carb and 1" carb spacer

Cal44

Gold forum user
Oh' those Ford folks. That is over the top for a Tiger...........but that new Boss engine would fit reeeel nice.........in my Boss. Might even be over the top for that old uni-body. I don't think the shock towers could take it............

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
Bahhhh......500 HP is perfect for the Tiger. :D Boss would also be too big.

I need to get the Holley 700 CFM DP ready. I am sure I will yield more that 60 HP than the 600 CFM I have on now.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
As for engine choices, rather than chase really big HP i am surpised more guys dont go down the aftermarket alloy block option. An alloy block 302 (and remember can be done to 347 as easily as a stock block and wll be stronger) with alloy heads and manifold is going to take a LOT of weight out of the fornt of the car. This is going to help the Tiger handling and also give you better accelration. fuel MPG and help with braking.. i think the blocks are about 3K... but i would go down that path before others as there are no mods required and lots of advantages... then again.. i'm just a mid 300's guy :p