Interesting Wheels...

ToyTrainGuy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
This morning at the local flea-market, I stumbled upon these wheels. They look like LAT wheels except that they are 12" diameter & the back-spacing is not the same. The rotted 1960s tires are size 155 & the seller wants $100 for the four of them. They'd be pretty cool on someone's trailer. Anyway, the seller' name is Ivan @ 321-213-1309. No affiliation, but I thought someone in the community might like them...

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
HANDS

H and S company produced the LAT 70 and they were popular wheels in late 60's early 70's. I wonder what car they were original purchased 4? A Mini Cooper maybe?

A friend of mine in the early 70's had a set on his Tiger and we called them HANDS wheels. At that time that they were "LAT" was not significant.

ToyTrainGuy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
H and S company produced the LAT 70 and they were popular wheels in late 60's early 70's. I wonder what car they were original purchased 4? A Mini Cooper maybe?

A friend of mine in the early 70's had a set on his Tiger and we called them HANDS wheels. At that time that they were "LAT" was not significant.

Mini's came with 10" wheels. Someone also suggested they'd look good on an IMP, but I thought that an IMP came with 13" wheels, I could be wrong on that one. The back-spacing is so positive (forward) that they almost look like they came off a front-drive car. What front-drive car from the '60s would have had 12" wheels? The seller who didn't seem to be too swift claimed that they came off a trailer.

Seabrook

Silver forum user
The seller who didn't seem to be too swift claimed that they came off a trailer.

Well, there you go -- you can LAT your trailer.

+1 on the Imp comment. The only car with 12's I've ever driven was a Datsun 1200 at an auto-x.

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Later classic Minis had 12 inch wheels but I have never seen this type wheel on a Mini. Do you know what the bolt circle measurement is? Minis are 4 inch and Sunbeams are 4 1/4 inch. Eric