Left gas tank - modified SW fuel sending unit $175 obo

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
boss-tiger

boss-tigerGold Level Sponsor

Restored left gas tank, very good condition, inside looked like new before coating (hot tanked, muriatic acid cleaned, coated inside with Red-Kote, spray primed & painted outside). Has been modified with Stewart Warner gas tank sending unit (included). I restored with original tanks because this modification was done very well previously and thinking someone with V6 or Alger swap may be using Stewart Warner gauges. Pulled out of Tiger I have now and didn't know it was even converted, car had multiple challenges so never paid much attention to gas gauge (probably only drove it 100 miles before pulling out the engine and non-op since) but from memory the gauge worked (have no clue re. accuracy). Looked up Ohm's on SW which are different than stock Sunbeam so assume you already know that. These sending units show up on ebay often if you ever need to replace the sending unit (new one now listed for $46 FYI). Hope of value/help to someone - FYI, also have a reconditioned right original tank I could sell also.

20221119_234909443_iOS.jpg

20221119_235132558_iOS.jpg

20221119_235354466_iOS.jpg