new endeavor

Bryan

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Finally got the car on the ground- going slowly at first finding all the parts that we re everywhere was a chore- had to redo a lot of mistakes- this car was painted in 92' and finally getting it back on the pavement- I just wish it wasn't red- I have one of those already- o'well- such is life- happy tigerring

Attachments

• IMG_4855.JPG
    IMG_4855.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_4857.JPG
    IMG_4857.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_4858.JPG
    IMG_4858.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_4856.JPG
    IMG_4856.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 144

CLIFF_MK1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Still looks good for being painted over 25 years ago. What's wrong with Red? Keep posting your progress as it's very interesting to see what you do. Good Luck, Cliff

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Great looking project... I guess the upside after this long is lokking at the car in paint on its wheels and knowing its like an assembly project no longer feels like a full resto.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
new

Red cars tend to stand out in the crowd and draw a crowd.

ABSunbeams

Gold forum user
Red car phenomena

Red cars tend to stand out in the crowd and draw a crowd.

A friend of mine would be anti-red cars at car shows because his would not win(his was champagne color). Next car he bought was a red mach 1 to restore and he won multiple awards. If you can't beat them join them.

Attachments

• IMG_1694.JPG
    IMG_1694.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 127

Doug C

Gold forum user
Finally got the car on the ground- going slowly at first finding all the parts that we re everywhere was a chore- had to redo a lot of mistakes- this car was painted in 92' and finally getting it back on the pavement- I just wish it wasn't red- I have one of those already- o'well- such is life- happy tigerring

Great looking car and hope to see it in person sometime.

Warren

Gold forum user
More alike

Then different. I have a VW that got painted in 1995 and it's sat waiting to be put together too. All my good buddies offered me 2000 bucks for it ...
Easy to let cars get sidelined.
My newest old car a 67 has had 340 miles since 1977 starting this last December. Good to see another back on the road Bryan is it a 92 car now red or a correction.

Bryan

Gold forum user
CAT Member
it's paint code is #39- aways been carnival red- painted in 92' just never finish- put away and forgotten- he passed away leaving wife to deal with it- finally fixed some of the wrongs . will be another great car-

Attachments

• IMG_4850.JPG
    IMG_4850.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 103