New MK2 washer bottles and mounting brackets

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
A new washer bottle and bracket are finally available for the MK2 Sunbeam Tiger! Unlike the earlier Tigers, the MK2 Tiger’s washer bottle is much wider than earlier Tigers and it is unique to the MK2.

A fellow MK2 owner really needed a washer bottle and the only one he found for sale was an original one that was very expensive. That motivated him to have one of his business contacts use my original washer bottle and bracket as the sample and he then manufactured an excellent reproduction of both. The new washer bottle is made of heavy duty plastic as the original and the mounting bracket is of the same gauge and size as the original. To test these, I fit the new washer bottle into my original bracket and my original washer bottle into the new bracket. Both fit perfectly. The washer bottle works as original too with the foot valve and connecting hose already installed to the new washer bottle cap. The blue Tudor emblem is in 3 places on the bottle. As you can see in the photos, all of the original bottles age poorly and darken over the years. Worse yet, they may crack or even get a hole in the bottom-like my original. You will be happy with the quality of these, I sure am! $495 for the new washer bottle and the mounting bracket.
The price for just the MK2 bottle is $325. The price for just the MK2 bracket is $200.
These prices include the USPS Priority Mail shipping and insurance to USA addresses.
Overseas/Canada is extra. I also have these for sale on eBay. Total price here is much less than on eBay. Please PM me for more info. Thank you, Eric

DSC06450.JPG

DSC06453.JPG

DSC06451.JPG

DSC06454.JPG

Last edited:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Wow.... That's a project I didn't expect to come about. Eric did you / they establish the MKII bottle was specifically for the MKII tiger and no cross over with other LBC?

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Is this from Saddiq?

I have noted a couple of different Mk2 w/s washer bottles. I have one for my own MK2 that has no silkscreened Tudor logo. My car is number 463, I bought one for a clients car (#133) that did have the Tudor logo. Both my car and the one for #133 have identical bottles, with identical molded wording on the bottom of the bottle. The only difference is that mine lacks the Tudor silkscreened logo...

I have yet to find any other British car that used this w/s washer bottle... and boy, have I searched!

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
A new washer bottle and bracket are finally available for the MK2 Sunbeam Tiger! Unlike the earlier Tigers, the MK2 Tiger’s washer bottle is much wider than earlier Tigers and it is unique to the MK2.

A fellow MK2 owner really needed a washer bottle and the only one he found for sale was an original one that was very expensive. That motivated him to have one of his business contacts use my original washer bottle and bracket as the sample and he then manufactured an excellent reproduction of both. The new washer bottle is made of heavy duty plastic as the original and the mounting bracket is of the same gauge and size as the original. To test these, I fit the new washer bottle into my original bracket and my original washer bottle into the new bracket. Both fit perfectly. The washer bottle works as original too with the foot valve and connecting hose already installed to the new washer bottle cap. The blue Tudor emblem is in 3 places on the bottle. As you can see in the photos, all of the original bottles age poorly and darken over the years. Worse yet, they may crack or even get a hole in the bottom-like my original. You will be happy with the quality of these, I sure am! $495 for the new washer bottle and the mounting bracket. This includes free USPS Priority Mail insured shipping for the USA. Overseas is extra. I also have these for sale on eBay. Total price here is much less than on eBay. Please PM me for more info. Thank you, Eric

View attachment 17907

View attachment 17908

View attachment 17909

View attachment 17910
Does it have the imprinted wording on the bottom of the bottle????

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I thought I remembered reading that the latter Alpine Series V used the same bottle. When I checked the Rootes Parts Manual for Alpines, I found this. Note the part number for the Mk II CONTAINER is 1239230 and that part is also used on US Alpine Series V vehicles from B395010976. However I do see only one listing for the bracket, probably not for the larger bottle used on the Mk IIs and the latter Alpine Series Vs.
Alpine Parts List - Windscreen Washer.jpg

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Every series 5 Alpine I have seen (and cut apart for Tiger parts!!! :) ) used a molded bag for a w/s washer reservoir... This mounted on the LH inner fender where the expansion tank is located on a Tiger. The location used for the Tiger w/s washer bottle is used in the Alpine as a forward mount for the brake booster

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Every series 5 Alpine I have seen (and cut apart for Tiger parts!!! :) ) used a molded bag for a w/s washer reservoir... This mounted on the LH inner fender where the expansion tank is located on a Tiger. The location used for the Tiger w/s washer bottle is used in the Alpine as a forward mount for the brake booster
We once owned a series 5 Alpine that was within the last 50 cars made and it had the bag. I've never seen a series 5 with a bottle. I'm at Mid Ohio for vintage week so I can't dig out the old title to get the VIN. This photo shows the bag original to the wife's series 5.
100_0548.JPG

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have yet to find any other British car that used this w/s washer bottle... and boy, have I searched!

Me too! On every trip to England, at many autojumbles, and many years of looking I have to conclude that this bottle is only found on MK2 Tigers. Yes Sean, Sadiq had these reproduced. Something I thought would never happen for such a limited market. He did a great job.
I will later post photos of the bottom of an original and this new bottle.
Thanks for your PM Boss-Tiger

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Eric,
What are the dimensions of the Rootes washer bottle used thru series 4 Alpines and MK 1 Tigers versus the MK 2 bottle? Has anyone found a reason for using a different size bottle? The early bottles seem to set closer to the generator than the MK 2 bottle is to the alternator. Has anyone checked to see if both bottles have the same capacity of fluid? Chrysler made many changes in the late 67/ early 68 time period including the style of the washer bag used on the Arrow range of cars.

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Here are a few more photos showing an original MK1 or MK1A Tiger bottle alongside the new MK2 washer bottle and also installed in a MK2 bottle bracket just to show the size difference.
On the bottom of the original MK2 bottle (ignore the black writing on it) is the number 6602 and also two letters that look like CP in a circle. The new one has the letters HDPE and the recycle triangle with the number 2 inside of it-so that is a way to tell an original from these new ones.
I filled an early Tiger washer bottle all the way to the top and then poured it into a new MK2 bottle. The waterline came up to the bottom of the silk screened Tudor logo.
We will come up with a price for just the washer bottle or the mounting bracket.

DSC06457.JPG

DSC06465.JPG

DSC06464.JPG

DSC06463.JPG

Last edited:

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
It's too bad that the embossed printing on the bottom of the bottle could not be replicated on the new ones... Of course if someone pulled one out of my car to look, I'd likely smack them! I will, however pull mine out of the car tomorrow to supply pics of the alternate Mk2 bottle w/o the Tudor silk screen logo. I am quite sure it never had it...

Klaus and Cary

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Does anyone know if just the top/lid with the fitting is available somewhere for an MKIA? I have the bottle and bracket from the previous owner, but it is missing those parts.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Does anyone know if just the top/lid with the fitting is available somewhere for an MKIA? I have the bottle and bracket from the previous owner, but it is missing those parts.
The cap and the rest of the parts are the same as 100/6-3000Mk1 and 3000 mk2 (Big Healey) I'm sure I have at least one set lurking around here..... in fact the Healey parts are the same for all of the Tiger stuff.... Mk1-Mk2... it's the bottles that are different. the Mk1/mk1a bottle is dimensionally the same as the the 100/6 through Mk2 Big Healey... the bottle on the Rootes cars is different due to the embossed Rootes logo. The cap is identical. same for the Mk2 w/s washer bottle... while the bottle dimensions are unique to the Mk2 Tiger, the lid is the same as the earlier cars

Klaus and Cary

Silver forum user
CAT Member
The cap and the rest of the parts are the same as 100/6-3000Mk1 and 3000 mk2 (Big Healey) I'm sure I have at least one set lurking around here..... in fact the Healey parts are the same for all of the Tiger stuff.... Mk1-Mk2... it's the bottles that are different. the Mk1/mk1a bottle is dimensionally the same as the the 100/6 through Mk2 Big Healey... the bottle on the Rootes cars is different due to the embossed Rootes logo. The cap is identical. same for the Mk2 w/s washer bottle... while the bottle dimensions are unique to the Mk2 Tiger, the lid is the same as the earlier cars
Thank you. I will look for one of the above-mentioned options.

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Price for just the MK2 bottle is $325. Price for just the MK2 bracket is $200.
Price includes the USPS Priority Mail shipping and insurance to USA addresses.