Gold forum user
CAT Member
Rebuilt clocks converted to electronic work just fine

0B06CECF-60D8-4429-99B9-D75572C61590.jpeg

DE172474-406F-40EF-9F3D-B1B617FC24BD.jpeg

AD1B43E3-80C3-47CD-8818-306EB1E606A4.jpeg

Warren

Gold forum user
If they made a clock it'd probably be more dough due to the different chrome complications bezel and adjustment bits. That's exactly why the good chrome incorrect clocks are snapped up off eBay UK . I couldn't agree with Tah_Tiger more my converted clock has been running for four years now , and it's ticking gives the car a life of its own, when the motor's not running.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
The nice thing about Mike Eck's 'fix' is that he doesn't convert it to an electronic clock!! His circuit just gives the original mechanism a 'kick' as he put it and some other bits to regulate clock speed.
That's why it still 'TICS' as opposed to an electronic one
Sold all my 'donor' clocks a while back and the 3131/01 in the car has the 'fix' so all good(y)

KenF

Gold forum user
Jim, just curious as to why the voltmeters (I have bought one of yours) say Made in England, and the others all say Made in U.K.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Well... it came down to me making an 'executive decision' !!

Firstly my supplier, even though they have all the artwork for 'Smiths' gauges back to the'50s and also engineering drawings ( Smith and Jaeger are identical internally! ) , they don't have any artwork for Jaeger! So, all the gauges I have done I have to pay them to do the 'custom' artwork to my spec which has been pics of original gauges and some are bespoke like the voltmeter, 8k tach and GPS speedo.

I have original MK1 water temp and fuel gauge samples here that have 'Made in UK' on some and 'Made in England' on others.

ALL the MK1 oil pressure gauge samples ( I don't reproduce those ) have Made in England on them.

I think all the 2" Jaeger MKII gauges I have are 'UK'... even the oil pressure . Confused yet ??

Now, the 'new' voltmeters ...ALL the Lucas ammeters ( both MK1 and MKII ) I've seen say Made in England

So, as sort of the middle ground, lol I went with 'Made in England' on the Voltmeters and 'Made in UK' on the water/fuel

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hey Jim: Do you have a source for the various bulb sockets for the gauges. My donor stocks are tapped out.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Yes...and no...
My new 4” gauges have an internal bulb fed from the gauge harness
The bulb sockets I get with the 2” gauges will also fit original gauges and I have some spares of those (see pic)
I also have spare used ones from old harnesses ( doesn’t everybody?) enough to do at least a couple cars
Let me know if that’s any help

EDC759D9-70E6-465F-A325-608A1E7446A8.jpeg

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yes...and no...
My new 4” gauges have an internal bulb fed from the gauge harness
The bulb sockets I get with the 2” gauges will also fit original gauges and I have some spares of those (see pic)
I also have spare used ones from old harnesses ( doesn’t everybody?) enough to do at least a couple cars
Let me know if that’s any help

View attachment 13463
I will swap some E-mails with Ya later, thanks.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I now have reproduction mechanical MK1/1a speedos in stock US$325 plus shipping
Also 5.5k rpm tachs with modern internals US$235 plus shipping

IMG_91420.jpg

IMG_91440.jpg

IMG_91410.jpg

IMG_91460.jpg

IMG_91470.jpg

Last edited:

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I will be ordering a small batch of both MKII 5.5k electronic tachs and MKII mechanical speedos next week so if you want ‘Spares’ or replacements for your ‘restoration’ please let me know now as I likely won’t be getting any more

Last edited:

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hello from Denver, looks like you are in demand (and busy). I would be interested in a Tiger GPS speedo and info for info re. what is needed for GPS options. Appreciate your efforts. No hurry so wait list also of interest.

Theorangetiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Jim,

I'm interested in a complete set of gauges. I sent an email and didn't hear back. Hopefully they are still available. Please let me know.

Thanks, Ian

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
Does anyone know if Jim is still selling these gauges? I sent him an email and a private message, but got no response.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Time to update prices and due to the ongoing price increases I will likely not buy and more when stock runs out
The only ones on order are the GPS speedos and they should be available by the end of February

Voltmeter MK1 , MK1a series III/IV Alpine $115
Voltmeter MKII and series V Alpine $115
Water/Fuel MK1 MK1a $100 ( fuel now out of stock )
Mech Speedo MK1 MK1a 140mph $350
GPS Speedo MK1 MK1a 140mph $325
VeeThree sender for GPS speedo $115
Tachometer MK1 MK1a 5500 rpm $250
Tachometer MK1 MK1a 8000 rpm $250

All prices in U.SA. dollars plus shipping

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I’ve more than considered it and my supplier will NOT make any...so after 5 years of begging it’s still a no go. This last year has been a struggle just to keep inventory of what I sell due to various issues including some Covid shutdowns !! The machines that make some of the ‘original’ parts are 60+ years old and $$ to fix. I hope to have MK1/1a mech speedos shorty and probably won’t have them make anything that I don’t already sell but would entertain doing the 4” MKII gauges if there was interest
Thanks for doing this. It matters.

lee

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Time to update prices and due to the ongoing price increases I will likely not buy and more when stock runs out
The only ones on order are the GPS speedos and they should be available by the end of February

Voltmeter MK1 , MK1a series III/IV Alpine $115
Voltmeter MKII and series V Alpine $115
Water/Fuel MK1 MK1a $100 ( fuel now out of stock )
Mech Speedo MK1 MK1a 140mph $350
GPS Speedo MK1 MK1a 140mph $325
VeeThree sender for GPS speedo $115
Tachometer MK1 MK1a 5500 rpm $250
Tachometer MK1 MK1a 8000 rpm $250

All prices in U.SA. dollars plus shipping
I'm looking for a temp gauge for a mk1a