NEW Tiger Rear Fender Badges With Chrome Surround Available

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Ken Carbone has several NEW sets of rear fender badges still available to sell. For those Tiger owners who have not seen Ken's badges, they are beautiful. His price is $300 per pair. He also has some sets he describes as having "very small perfections that are not readily noticeable" that he will sell for $200 per pair. Ken also has NEW inserts without the chrome surround. He is extremely busy and asks anyone inquiring about the badges to have patience if he doesn't respond immediately. Best contact information for him is: Ken@dolphingraphics.com or 510-881-0154.

Rick

Warren

Gold forum user
Ken has been making these for some time. Back when a used set was , a couple hundred bucks and you had to have them re chromed.

There are earlier posts regarding his first run.
The UK vendor's geared up and CAT parts was even considering buying up some from them . However Ken's are plainly over restored. They are much nicer than the others from across the pond. This problem goes back years ago when CAT parts sold off it's remaining stock of them to Paul Reisentz. It was some of the first things he sold off as the reaper drew nearer to his abode.

I have a set of Ken's in their original jewelry box. BTW the medallions are the SI Alpine hub cap center .

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Ken has been making these for some time. Back when a used set was , a couple hundred bucks and you had to have them re chromed.

There are earlier posts regarding his first run.
The UK vendor's geared up and CAT parts was even considering buying up some from them . However Ken's are plainly over restored. They are much nicer than the others from across the pond. This problem goes back years ago when CAT parts sold off it's remaining stock of them to Paul Reisentz. It was some of the first things he sold off as the reaper drew nearer to his abode.

I have a set of Ken's in their original jewelry box. BTW the medallions are the SI Alpine hub cap center .

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Series Alpines didn't have a badge on the hub cap. Could the badge have been what was used on earlier Talbot cars?

Warren

Gold forum user
Just reporting what I saw some time ago. No surprise that lots of parts were used on other Brit. or Rootes cars. The Alpine was in Seal Beach ..

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Just reporting what I saw some time ago. No surprise that lots of parts were used on other Brit. or Rootes cars. The Alpine was in Seal Beach ..
The TE/AE site has a section for guidelines showing both photos and info relating to details of the cars for judging of both Alpines and Tigers. It's broke down into the various sections of the cars. I believe this was put together by cooperation of several clubs. This could be very beneficial for owners. that have questions. These details were used for judging at SUNI.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The Mark Alpines had porcelain the bage on the hubcaps, but iirc they used a slightly different mount.

The Sunbeam MKIII saloon ( the last of sunbeam talbot 80/90 range) introduced the badge used on the rear flank of the Tiger as a lower front guard badge.. The crome sheild and all. The S.T.A.R club in the UK used to stock the badges for the hubcaps and the sheilds.

1661005343279~2.jpg

Capture+_2022-08-20-22-24-57~2.png

Warren

Gold forum user
I dealt with Ken and got a pair of the second medallions. I understand now that a few are for sale because he found some at his business. As most Tiger guys are they want an unobtainable part get em made and sell to put into their Tiger. These were on my to do list . I had a guy setup to do the porcelain centers. Then Sunbeam Spares and Sunbeam Alpine Tiger Spares were in process. Then Norm had posted up pictures of all the available competing products pictured side by side. Bottom line it's not just the jewelry box with the custom foam cut inserts. It's the fit and finish of the chrome and the vibrant colors of Ken's that set his apart. I was asked if we should group buy some UK ones, which were less expensive. My response was simple the UK ones are better for price conscious cars that are a sell on restorer. For a keeper I'd buy Ken's. They make nice dust collectors in the garage. The spare medallions make a super horn button center or gear stick add on .