oil pressure gauge thread size please

woody6

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I have the braided oil pressure line that I think came from the club many years ago. It has an AN-3 fitting on each end. I have somehow misplaced the adapter that converts the male oil pressure gauge threads to the male AN-3 thread for the braided line. Can anyone tell me what the thread size on the gauge is?

Thanks,
Woody

woody6

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Okay, I should probably do a little more research before asking here. So, the gauge fitting appears to be a 1/8 BSP flat seal connection, and a distributor in FL carries an adapter that converts to -3AN. See the gauge pic on page 1, and the adapter (part no GA3MB2F) at the bottom of page 3 here:

https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/e112be6e/files/uploaded/gauge.pdf

The distributor is

BAT Inc.
7630 Matoaka Road
Sarasota, FL 34243
(941) 355-0005

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The recent CAT oil gauge lines were made by Steve Farren, until he died, awhile back.

Steve made the lines with the correct British gauge fitting, with a flat sealing washer.

Before Steve, the lines were made with generic NPT pipe fitting adapters on both ends.

On the gauge end, there was a female 1/8" pipe fitting to AN-3 male.

To seal the NPT fitting to the gauge needed a generous amount of sealer, usually Teflon tape.

CAT sold oil lines for a LONG time with the NPT fittings, that is likely what you had/have.

woody6

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Thanks, that makes sense. The gauge fitting I that I have misplaced had indeed been applied with Teflon tape. When I started to measure the threads on the gauge, I realized it uses a straight thread and not really meant to seal that way. I have an NPT fitting arriving tomorrow, and will evaluate its fitment, and I might order the correct sealing fitting from BAT if I am not comfortable with it. The fitting from BAT would at least enable anyone to purchase or make up their own line with AN fittings.