Performer intake

unbeam

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I know this has been addressed, but cannot find the answer on searching. I have a 5 bolt 289, with Edelbrock heads, carburetor and Performer intake. Need help with the fitting for the water temperature sensor. There is a 3/4" threaded hole at the front of the manifold, near the neck. I plan to use the stock transmitter. Will not have the piping through the carb base, and don't plan to use the "T" with the hole for the sensor. I guess best would be an adaptor from 3/4" NPT to the fine thread for the sensor? Any obvious sources for this? Is the sensor British pipe thread?
Also- the best place to have the return piping from the heater control valve- front or rear of the manifold? Thanks for the help. David

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
This is what mine looks like in that location, except I have the Performer RPM manifold. The temp gauge is spot-on with the sender placed here. Sorry, don't remember what thread size the adapter is.

engine rt frt.JPG

unbeam

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Thanks, that is exactly what I want to do. The hole looks huge to me, and needs a 3/4" adaptor. I have the sensor unit, would love to have OD and ID match, so one piece. Did you plumb the heater hose into the front or rear of the manifold? David

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks, that is exactly what I want to do. The hole looks huge to me, and needs a 3/4" adaptor. I have the sensor unit, would love to have OD and ID match, so one piece. Did you plumb the heater hose into the front or rear of the manifold? David
I took the heater out- live in SoCal- so no plumbing at all in place.