Pre-reunion 2015

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Is that Dale leading??? Be nice to see a tiger win at Monterey, I'd ask about specification but don't want to go down last years thread...

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Most of us look at the Pre-Reunion as a chance to make sure the equipment is ready for next weekend's Reunion event.

The Saturday morning practice had Dale second quickest and John 5th out of a 40 or so car grid. (Yes, TWO Tigers in the top five!) The practice was messed up by a lot of yellow laps and most only got two or three clean laps so you couldn't tell much. Tom was mid pack and Adam Lindeman's LM coupe was there but he didn't drive.

In the Saturday race John spun exiting turn two. The right rear fender backed into the tire barrier. That ended our weekend and most likely we'll not have the car repaired enough to return for the Reunion.

Tom ran a higher gear rear end on Saturday and a lower gear was installed by Dan before the Sunday practice. Tom liked it a lot better in practice. Tom did not run the full race on Sunday to save his equipment. (Dan Walters followed the same thought process when he brought the Trans Am car in early as well.)

I believe Dale placed second in both Saturday's and Sunday's races.

We towed home on Sunday, having a trailer tire start going flat, changed it, only to have the never used spare begin to delaminate. Luckily we got to the only tire shop open in Paso Robles before closing time. (This morning baby got new shoes and I'm now towing to the body shop to learn what can be done in a quick and dirty mode. (I'm not too hopeful).

Michael: never got a chance for a picture.

bt
back, at the beach

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for the Update

Buck,

Thanks for the update on the pre-reunion races. So sorry to hear about John and the SCF Tiger. Hopefully it can be repaired in a time for the Reunion Races next weekend. Good luck with it!

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Buck,

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues with scf74, sounded as if the car was running well, hopefully the damage is superficial and nothing is bent that will effect geometry on the car and you can get it ready for the main event.

Will have to wait for team shot until everything is all straight and shiney again.

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The sheet metal on the right rear fender got dinged. Dale suggests just pulling it out. John reported it drove straight and could (mechanically) be raced. It will definitely need a whole new tail light assembly. The "pulling" starts tomorrow morning.

bt
at the beach

SYZonker

Bronze forum user
fender

If you were in the Winchester VA area I have a rough right rear and a left front that are rough (rust) also a hood in good shape and a thin fiberglass trunk and hood.