Queen's English POSTPONED UNTIL SEPT 27

venice532

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I emailed the organizers a couple of days ago asking if they were leaning towards cancelling the Woodley meet.

I also asked if they were going to give refunds to early registrants if the event didn't happen.

This was their reply:

The city has told us they have canceled events through April 4 and since we are April 5 we are good to go. We will see if they change their mind. We will email and post on the website.

Last edited:

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Car Meet Web Site

Bob,

Thanks for checking with the organizers. I also have wondered and check the website for the car meet from time to time. I would suggest that folks check it one last time before heading off to Woodley Park. Here is the link to their website - http://www.queens-english.org/

I am sure C.A.T. will post something on the Forum if it hears about any cancellation or postponement, but things could change at the last minute.

Let's hope the car meet is still held. I, for one, look forward to getting out and seeing some interesting cars. Does anyone know what the "Social Distance" is for our Tigers when we park them?

Warren

Gold forum user
Pre registration deadline

On the webpage is March 1 for those seeking a parts jumble spot.
Given the past April showers that bring May flowers and all of that, it's always been hard to register until you get a good weather report a couple days before. I always wait for clear weather before plunking down the dough.
Nothing stopping us from burning some cheap gas and driving BYOHS
and do mock fist bumping from afar.

Warren

Gold forum user
BYOHS

That's hand sanitizer...
Honest ossifer, that bottle of vodka is for hand sanitizing...

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Today I offered a fellow CAT member 100 to 1 odds if he'd bet the Queen's English show would actually be held this year. He flat out refused.

Like most of us, we'll be staying under "house arrest" for the foreseeable future.

bt

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Still No Word on Their Website

The Queen's English website (http://www.queens-english.org/) has not changed as of this morning. However, with both the State of California and the County of Los Angeles banning gatherings of more than 10 people (I think through April 19), I would not be surprised if the event is called off. I just don't see how they can get around this latest ban.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Misinformation

I either misheard the news or the newscaster left out one very important word. Gathers of more than 10 people are not allowed IN ENCLOSED AREAS. Since it is in Woodley Park, it does not appear that this edict applies to the Queen's English Car Show. That is not to say that officials will decide it is in the best public interest to not allow it, though. Guess we will find out the day before (per Bob's earlier post).

Sorry for the misinformation.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Queen's English Rescheduled for September 27

I just received an email from the folks at Queen's English Car Meet that it has been rescheduled for September 27, 2020.

Please stay tuned for any announcement from C.A.T. about an April meeting.

Warren

Gold forum user
September

FYI here is the new flyer

Attachments

• New_QE_show_poster9-27small.jpg
    New_QE_show_poster9-27small.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 85

MT Roads

Silver forum user
Too...

Well, now they have just gone too far!!
No Water? I can find alternatives.
Restaurants closed? I can live with that.
No Toilet Paper? I can find a work around. I may not like it, but there are options.

But cancelling a Car Show! What are they thinking? Oh right, these are politicians, so... we just can't expect anything rational from them.
What is this world coming to?
What's next? Laguna Seca Historics?:------

Can civil disobedience be far behind?:p

Last edited:

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Message from C.A.T. President

President Steve Hoffman sent out an email this evening. In case you did not receive it, here is what he wrote:

Hello fellow CAT Members,

The April CAT meeting planned for April 6 has been cancelled – The Queen’s English Car Show has been postponed until September, and I hope we will all be able to attend then. Apologies for the late notice, the decision to postpone the event came Friday afternoon (March 20). In the meantime I hope everyone is able to stay safe and secure.

Thanks!!

Steve Hofmann

Doug C

Gold forum user
Queens English at Woody Park is now RE-SCHEDULED AGAIN to April 25, 2021

I just was sent this:

Queens English at Woody Park is now RE-SCHEDULED AGAIN

The Park Dept will not issue a permit for Sept. 27.

It’s now scheduled for April 25, 2021.

Attachments

• CE78B06A-C79A-4091-86FF-FE151843B965.jpeg
    CE78B06A-C79A-4091-86FF-FE151843B965.jpeg
    370.4 KB · Views: 48