Replacement Leaf Springs

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Somewhere, yes

Are any replacement leaf springs available for Tigers that look OEM?

Some time ago, I ran across an ad for them but didn't jot down the info. My normal solution is to have our spring guys duplicate all the secondary arcs and I reassemble them to a healthy main leaf. Getting them to drill the center bolt hole in 1/4" became a constant argument as they favor 5/16". Anyway, the result is quite acceptable.

lockfish

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I'm assuming you are referring to modification of an aftermarket leaf spring? If so, who provides those? I'm not finding any replacements outside of the UK.

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
If you are ok with STD (slightly uprated) ones, Sunbeam Spares in UK does them. Shipment to US not cheap but the springs are top notch..

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Replacement springs

I'm quite happy with the springs from Mod Tiger (Tom Hall & Rob Guerra)

They feature a nice reverse eye that keeps the rear low but with just slightly more spring rate than stock.

Buck

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
From a local Vendor

I'm assuming you are referring to modification of an aftermarket leaf spring? If so, who provides those? I'm not finding any replacements outside of the UK.

These leafs are duplicates of the secondary arcs made by a local truck spring manufacturer. The raw stock is basically similar to the dimension steel found in an older Jeep. They will not wrap a main for me, so I have to keep the original and the spring wraps.

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I spoke to Tom today. He's leaving very early on Friday for a very long weekend out of town.

He's listed in this Forum's white pages.

buck