Seeking Tiger

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
@tirechip ... Sorry your question for some information on acquiring a Tiger has been dragged so far off topic.

The early responses and info you got re different models and some of the idiosyncrasies was hopefully useful...and in general you will find that most members here are genuine enthusiasts interested in helping you and sharing their knowledge specific to your needs...

Sadly as with all sites... The forum can also be the venue for some to try and create self validation by trying to focus any given topic on themselves.....

It might be worth browsing the Tiger sites that go through the differences in the various models.. deciding how you want to use any Tiger you purchase and level of work, personalisation you are willing to do to help guide your purchase.

The values currently are quite varied, with some good cars going for very reasonable prices... And some average cars selling for well above what they are probably worth... So research and know what you want and what aligns best to your needs/budget.

tirechip

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for your comments....... I recognize the personalities and agendas! I am looking for the best vehicle I can afford to secure, and want to end up with an attractive driver. I know the market fluctuates and some folks seek to take advantage of potential buyers by flying false flags. And, you're quite correct, most folks on the forums are genuine and helpful. I'm all about learning.

Thanks

Chip

tirechip

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I feel pretty sure that in their agreement to run the advertisement for the seller, it's spelled out. I think the idea of watermarking the photos is great, that way no one is being deceived.

TAH_Tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The same "supposed" vendor was also claiming they have B382002020LRXFE available. They want more for this car than the white car. This car does not have a hardtop and is a driver that really needs paint. As with the white car, all of the pictures were lifted from a 2021 BAT auction listing.

I had a former client who bought a C2 Vette from an on-line vendor... He told them to go out and put a baseball cap on the hood, take a picture and email it to him. At the very least this proved the car was in their possession!

in any event, the website is no longer up... a pretty good indication
That WAS a great idea, but does not apply anymore. Too many photo apps can do that now.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
probably true. a good scammer can do almost anything... a better suggestion would be putting their driver's license on the hood of the car!

tirechip

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Good Morning fellow Tiger fans
Please keep those cards and letters coming! Continuing to discover the wide range of Tigers available. Thanks for your assistance with my search!

Chip