soft top

lee

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
How does this weatherstrip attach to the top?

IMG_1349.jpg

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
There is a seal track which is held to the front header bow with 11 1/8" pop rivets. The seal track installs after the convertible top is glued to the header bow. It holds the top securely to the header bow. The seal is eased into the seal track front edge first a little at a time, and then the rear edge of the seal can be worked into the track with a w/s seal tool or a dull small flat bladed screwdriver. Don't soap up the seal, it only makes it more difficult! The seal will extend past the seal track to the corners of the header bow. An oval head, #6 phillips sheet metal screw with a flush (cupped) washer is used to hold the seal ends.. One at each end. It is a royal PITA to install the seal, expect around 30 minutes of work sprinkled with regular cursing. Pictures of the seal track below. If you're missing the part, I probably have one around here somewhere.

P1041681.JPG
P1041682.JPG

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
There is a seal track which is held to the front header bow with 11 1/8" pop rivets. The seal track installs after the convertible top is glued to the header bow. It holds the top securely to the header bow. The seal is eased into the seal track front edge first a little at a time, and then the rear edge of the seal can be worked into the track with a w/s seal tool or a dull small flat bladed screwdriver. Don't soap up the seal, it only makes it more difficult! The seal will extend past the seal track to the corners of the header bow. An oval head, #6 phillips sheet metal screw with a flush (cupped) washer is used to hold the seal ends.. One at each end. It is a royal PITA to install the seal, expect around 30 minutes of work sprinkled with regular cursing. Pictures of the seal track below. If you're missing the part, I probably have one around here somewhere.

View attachment 18799View attachment 18800
I recognize the table the seal track is on šŸ˜