Sunbeam Tiger/Alpine Wiring Kits

SouthDakotaTiger

Bronze forum user
The prototype wiring kit for my '67 Sunbeam Alpine is installed! New wiring kits specific to Sunbeam Alpines and Tigers are now in production. The kits greatly enhance the circuitry for our Sunbeams and eliminate most of the wiring challenges of the outdated 2 circuit system that was stock. The prototype has 12 circuits plus relays for horns, driving lights, electric fuel pump and AC. The kit we are producing will have the fuel pump and AC relays available as options. I will have several of the kits available for sale at the SAOCA Invasion in September. I plan to attend the TEAE United in October and will bring several kits along for that event as well. Visit my website at the following address: http://www.petesperformancewiring.com
to view other kits I have available - everything from VW vans to right hand drive to 6 volt systems.

from sunny South Dakota
Paul
'67 Series V (Ol' Blue) '66 Tiger MK1A, '64 V8 Alpine

SouthDakotaTiger

Bronze forum user
Wiring kits

To date I have sold nearly 30 of the Sunbeam Tiger/Alpine wiring kits. If interested in placing an order please go to my website www.petesperformancewiring.com and click on the Online Store. If you contact me prior to placing your order I will provide you with a discount code that will give you free shipping. Regards from South Dakota Pete

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
I'm interested in something like this. When I had the car done back in the mid to late 80s re-wiring was to be included but latter found out all that was done was the original wiring was grouped together into nice little bundles and taped up with black electrical tape. At the time the car was stripped bare.

Several years ago I had done a lot of searching for hot rod harnesses and came close to purchase but I thought this may be a bit over my head. How easy/difficult would something like this be? Are the instructions easy to understand by the lay person or translated from some foreign language?

I suppose it's best to gut all the wiring that wants to be changed out leaving existing portions and hopefully all works together when new is installed? I'm more interested in fixing under the dash but could probably go forwards but the rear wiring is buried under the carpet which can't be removed in places.

SouthDakotaTiger

Bronze forum user
I'm interested in something like this.

Several years ago I had done a lot of searching for hot rod harnesses and came close to purchase but I thought this may be a bit over my head. How easy/difficult would something like this be? Are the instructions easy to understand by the lay person or translated from some foreign language?/QUOTE]

The kit is not difficult to install. All wires are clearly labeled as to function every 6" and I provide step by step instructions based on the installations I have done for my Series V Alpine and my MK1A Tiger. If you cannot remove all the existing wires from under any carpet they can be left in place. If you have additional questions or concerns you can contact me directly through my webpage at www.petesperformancewiring.com or through my home email at palmjeld@mit.midco.net

Pete

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I used a Painless kit years ago on one of my street rods--it was very easy and cut to length, this sounds like the same thing--very nice.

SouthDakotaTiger

Bronze forum user
The Painless kits are an excellent product for hot rods, street rods, vintage cars, etc. Good designs and excellent materials. Like the Painless kit, the Sunbeam kit uses top grade materials throughout. We use only SXL wire which is very resistant to heat, gas, oil, etc., and each wire is labeled as to its function every 6". The kit can be mounted in the original location, but I have included enough extra wire length to permit alternative mounting locations. :)