Sunbeam Tiger steering wheel and horn ring for sale

dlyle

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I've decided to sell my Sunbeam Tiger wooden steering wheel and original horn ring. The wheel has been professionally restored by Quality Restorations Inc but needs a finish coat of varnish. The hub was completely removed and recast per the process below:

I remove all of the old plastic, bead blast the frame and paint it the same color as the plastic. Through my proprietary process, I cast on a specially formulated thermoset UV stable plastic in the original configuration without loss of the original detail. The plastic does not shrink, crack, turn yellow or change colors. The steering wheel frame is placed into the appropriate mold. The clear liquid urethane is tinted to the desired color and added to the mold. Upon completion of the curing process, the plastic is heat treated, sanded and polished. The color is uniform throughout the plastic and the finished product is polished plastic, not a painted wheel. The molded plastic is one complete casting, there are no joints.

This is a very nice wheel. The horn ring shows signs of paint loss but is also very nice.

$750 for both the wheel and horn ring.

Thanks, Doug
408-593-7375

eagleman1022

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Tiger wheel hub restoration

Are you restoring the Tiger steering wheel hubs? I have a perfectly good wheel that needs a new plastic hub. If so, how much to recast a hub on my good wheel? How long would it take?

dlyle

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Are you restoring the Tiger steering wheel hubs? I have a perfectly good wheel that needs a new plastic hub. If so, how much to recast a hub on my good wheel? How long would it take?

I had two wheels recast several years ago. They came out very nice. Call up Dennis Crooks at the below number and he can explain the process.

Quality Restorations, Inc.
Tel: 858.271.7374
Email: dennis@qualityrestorations.com