SUNI Photos

venice532

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi all, if anyone here is going to SUNI and would care to share your experience you can send me SUNI adventure photos and I'll publish them on the CAT facebook page.

When Buck and Claudia did their whirlwind California to Wisconsin trip in their black tiger a few years ago they would send me nightly shots of what happened that day and it was lots of fun to keep track of their travels.

Either send me a PM here or an email at venicerjj@gmail.com and we could figure out the details.

If it's easier you can be made an admin on the CAT facebook page so you can post directly.

I'd also like to keep up with daily SUNI activities so photos from the event would be great to see also.

thanks
Bob

venice532

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks to Steve H. here is a truck full of tigers getting ready to head to SUNI.
IMG_8192.jpg
IMG_8191.jpg
IMG_8193.jpg
IMG_8190.jpg

venice532

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Dan M. had an obligatory stop at Delgadillos Snow Cap Burgers and Shakes in
Seligman, AZ on Route 66 then on to the Wigwam Hotel in Holbrook, AZ.
IMG_8520.jpeg

IMG_1876.jpeg

IMG_1890.jpeg

IMG_1883.jpeg

IMG_1907.jpeg

venice532

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Buck and Claudia are also moving through AZ and NM.

The Historic Route 66 pavement had been deteriorating for decades across the
Mojave. The great news is that CalTrans is repaving huge sections of it. Some
sections have been completed while others closed as the work is being done.

Twin Arrows ain't what it used to be.

After being stuck for 2 hours in a 5 mile long construction caused parking
lot east of Gallup, we finally crossed the Continental divide at twilight.

While we lost a couple hours because of the jam it would have been a lot
worse if we hadn't exited I40 and missed a lot of it by using "the old road"
- Historic Route 66.

IMG_9022.JPG

IMG_9039.JPG

IMG_9045.JPG

IMG_9034.JPG

IMG_2228 (002).JPG

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The section of Historic Route 66 in the Mojave currently closed and being repaved is just west of "The Oasis" (where gas is $6.29)
(unfortunately, I know.)
The big question for your trip should be whether Dan Walters will try for the free 72 oz steak at the Big Texan in Amarillo?
https://www.bigtexan.com/72-oz-steak/

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
The section of Historic Route 66 in the Mojave currently closed and being repaved is just west of "The Oasis" (where gas is $6.29)
(unfortunately, I know.)
The big question for your trip should be whether Dan Walters will try for the free 72 oz steak at the Big Texan in Amarillo?
https://www.bigtexan.com/72-oz-steak/
Scanning the 'winners' ... and there's quite a few which I find quite amazing

Scrolled through to find a 21 y.o. from Australia did it in 14:45 in July of 2013 !! How is that even possible ?????

venice532

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Claudia and Buck yesterday: 'This preserved gas station is on Historic 66 in Moriarty, NM'

Claudia and Buck today: "Setting up the SUNI registration area in the Hilton’s parking lot.
Hint: we made it!'

IMG_9047.JPG

IMG_1257.JPG

venice532

Gold forum user
CAT Member
from Buck:

"30 cars have already arrived."

If anyone knows any details about these Harringtons, tigers, imps and alpines feel free to comment. thanks Bob J.

unnamed-2.jpg

unnamed-3.jpg

unnamed-4.jpg

unnamed-5.jpg

unnamed-6.jpg

unnamed-7.jpg

unnamed-8.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Warren

Gold forum user
3 black cars here,but here's the most interesting one getting authenticated a 43,000 mi car or pictures later.

PXL_20210915_224529966.jpg

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Looks like Tom Hall leaning on the drivers door- the car is in good hands...

venice532

Gold forum user
CAT Member
from Travis C., owner of a white tiger:

"It was hot today and the event was on the grass so grass sticks to the towel like glue."

IMG_4868.jpg

IMG_4869.jpg

IMG_4870.jpg

1966 TGR

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi all, if anyone here is going to SUNI and would care to share your experience you can send me SUNI adventure photos and I'll publish them on the CAT facebook page.

When Buck and Claudia did their whirlwind California to Wisconsin trip in their black tiger a few years ago they would send me nightly shots of what happened that day and it was lots of fun to keep track of their travels.

Either send me a PM here or an email at venicerjj@gmail.com and we could figure out the details.

If it's easier you can be made an admin on the CAT facebook page so you can post directly.

I'd also like to keep up with daily SUNI activities so photos from the event would be great to see also.

thanks
Bob
If anyone would like to submit pictures to be published in Tiger Tales, please forward to mike.michels@outlook.com. Deadline is this week. Please be sure to confirm that you are granting permission for their use. I particularly need photos of C.A.T. members' cars and owners from the concours, and rare Rootes entries like Harringtons, Imps and the V8 Hillman Husky wagon. I was a judge at the concours and didn't see any other cars outside the class I was judging.