SUNI

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
What happened to the SUNI info that Buck posted a couple days ago?

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Buck here!

I was gathering SUNI information and preparing material when I accidentally posted it. (my bad.) So I have temporarily hidden it. (I did leave this "SUNI" forum visible.)

My wife is the Chair for SUNI. She's been continuing work on organizing a really great event and just went back to Independence a few weeks ago. She has the main items all lined up and a paper registration form ready to go. However the clubs still have yet to give final approval. A meeting is scheduled for Thursday evening. I expect things will move quickly once final approval is given.

As soon as approval occurs I intend to post the currently hidden information here. There will also be a link to the "official" site. Anything I put here will be unofficial (but I have a good source). I don't need assistance to post information here. I doubt I'll be able to update the official site as quickly, so it may lag a bit from what you will see posted here.

One hint: we have all heard of Zagat's Restaurant Review. Zagat named Kansas City's Jack Stack as the best BBQ in the entire nation.
Claudia has arranged for Jack Stack to cater our Monday evening welcome BBQ!

Hotel rooms will be limited. We'll have a link here where attendees can book rooms (either 1 King or 2 Queens at $109/night) on a first come, first served basis. That room rate will include a hot buffet breakfast.

The registration form will offer a discount for early registration, but that period will only be about a month long. So it is not too early now to start making your arrangements.

I can tell you it will definitely be a great party and celebration of Rootes Motors! Stay tuned.

Buck
p.s. BTW, I'd love to hear of your interest, your comments, or your feedback either by posting here or via email or this forum's conversation feature..

ABSunbeams

Gold forum user
I had heard that Harringtons will be featured at SUNI but see no mention of it? I know of 3 so far that are coming.
BTW : we are also having issues with the extra day stay rate at Hilton, hope it gets sorted out on the Hilton Corporate site.

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yes, this is an anniversary year for the Harringtons and they will be a featured attraction. We'll post information as we work out the details. (and learn exactly who'll attend)
As far as the Hilton reservation website, it improved yesterday (4/27). See the details on this forum at https://www.catmbr.org/cat-forum/threads/hotel-reservation-problem.7381/ FYI, I just tried the reservation site and I could add the Friday night stay and receive the correct rate.

As an apology, Hilton has lowered everyone's rate to $105 per night, which includes a hot breakfast buffet. Everyone should check their reservations to confirm they have this rate. If there's a problem please let me know and we'll work on getting it fixed.

Buck

Last edited:

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I had heard that Harringtons will be featured at SUNI but see no mention of it? I know of 3 so far that are coming.
BTW : we are also having issues with the extra day stay rate at Hilton, hope it gets sorted out on the Hilton Corporate site.
Al,
I think you'll find Harringtons will be in the RARE ROOTES class. They always have been at TE/AE Uniteds. I had the red LeMans at Lake Geneva in 1994 and I seem to remember that it was not in the Alpine class.
Just call the hotel. I made my reservation 04/12 ( a week early) and called back last week to verify I'm registered under the SUNI block and I get the breakfast part. We'll be checking in Sunday and check out Saturday. I also used my Hilton Honors number for reward points. No problems. Pat, the G.M., is from Cincinnati and the only stipulation I heard from her was that I have to hand carry a few Skyline Chili coneys for her. I wish I still owned a Harrington.

Last edited:

whiskytangofoxtrot

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I’ve eaten at Jack Stack, it is excellent. Bob, as for the V8 on Spaghetti noodles I’ll pass. Best chili in the Nation is Hard Times cafe in the DC area. Diana and I look forward to seeing everyone.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Bob,
When did you sell your Harrington?
Jean and I still have three. At the advice of our attorney the titles now have Jean's name along with my name. This all came about due to her Covid case. The red car had my name only since 1982 until recently.

ABSunbeams

Gold forum user
Jean and I still have three. At the advice of our attorney the titles now have Jean's name along with my name. This all came about due to her Covid case. The red car had my name only since 1982 until recently.
Bob- you don’t know if all your affairs are in order until a health issue hits. Die without a will and let a niece or nephew sort your stuff out! Seen that a few times recently!

DCTiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
As to the Hard Times Cafe in Clarendon, it closed. Probably due to lack of drinkers during COVID. They still have others in the area. I noticed it while checking out the surrounding areas around DC.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Bob- you don’t know if all your affairs are in order until a health issue hits. Die without a will and let a niece or nephew sort your stuff out! Seen that a few times recently!
Al, we found that 5 of the Beams didn't have TOD names on the titles and the same with two of the SUV's. Wouldn't want the wrong kid to end up with the Beams. We did have TOD names on the van and the other four cars.

catcollector

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Any info on TAC days? I am interested in having my car inspected, May not be running in time but I would trailer it for inspection if I had a day set up.
I think I can only make it for Friday and Saturday

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
TAC is being discussed today by Tom Hall and Patrick King. Last I heard is that the main TACing will be Monday around 4pm with a possible small catch up session early Friday PM after the concours. Those who have registered will receive email updates of schedule changes. The discounted early registration period ends in a week. Right now it looks to me like 7 hotel rooms will still be available with 146 attendees with 86 Rootes vehicles already planning on being there. Over 30 trailering.

Buck

whiskytangofoxtrot

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
As to the Hard Times Cafe in Clarendon, it closed. Probably due to lack of drinkers during COVID. They still have others in the area. I noticed it while checking out the surrounding areas around DC.
Too bad, we ate at the College Park one a few weeks back while in town for a funeral.
We look forward to seeing you all in September. Are you driving it again?
Admin note: Guys, this is getting way far off anything SUNI related.
Buck
Admin

Last edited by a moderator: