Thank you for accepting my membership.

Fasttiger

Bronze forum user
I’ve owned my Tiger since 1972!
We have been through a lot together.
Now it’s going to slow it down and enjoy driving it!
When I bought someone in Washington state didn’t like the black so they painted it yellow,
I was at a Sunbeam event and someone said to me to bad they painted it yellow because it’s a “1” paint code this was after I had painted the car green and I said if I ever repaint it will be black.

C2A5F99E-9D92-4DF6-9227-A0CAF1DD951B.jpeg

A9C81273-D8C3-40CD-8084-F3E2DEE49604.jpeg

1949FL

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Paint Code 1 from the Rootes list is Embassy Black. I did see yellow until Paint Code 54, April Yellow. It seemed there might be a caramel somewhere earlier though. Just saying.

CLIFF_MK1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Ha ha yea and it’s certed to 8:50!
But the only use it will be getting anymore is getting in and out of the cat 😀😀😀
I like those photos (70's), nothing like looking back. I bought my Tiger in 1971 (still have it). Have a couple pictures but not ones highlighting the car. I have fond memories of driving it back then and not really appreciating what it was. Just drove the hell out of it, even over dirt trails around Tucson where I was at the time. Lots of trips to Mexico beaches and driving along the deep sand. Never over heated or had any trouble at all (except for out of balance wheels). Drove cross country to Wisconsin where I worked for a year prior to moving back to New Mexico where I still live. Towed it back to NM with tow bar hooked to bumber bolts ( OK, a real NO NO). Didn't drive it for 45 years until I finally restored it. I appreciate it much more now and I really enjoy it, but not the same as the old carefree days of yhe 70's. Hey your Physical Therapist can help you get in and out of your Tiger. Cliff

Fasttiger

Bronze forum user
No because it’s a real street car on street tires!😀
I just turned it down and put it on the top end trying to get that 150 mph 1/4 pass!