The Volvo brake option

steven

Gold forum user
Hi, have an option to buy a set of the Volvo brake setup. Do they need 15" wheels or can I get buy with the 13"

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I once saw an Alger that had Volvo disc brakes- as well as other components of the Volvo suspension. This was around '89...can't remember any details about how it was done or what was used!

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
It you're talking about the 4 puck version from the 70s or 80s I think you'll find it will not fit inside 13" wheels. It does work on 14s.

bt

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
4-puck discs

It you're talking about the 4 puck version from the 70s or 80s I think you'll find it will not fit inside 13" wheels. It does work on 14s.

bt

We did look at that option years ago. Very viable with some mechanical advantages and fade resistance. I rebuilt a few sets for some Volvo owners and decided the PITA wasn't worth it . . . . . .Fiat rears work well.

CT Tiger

Silver forum user
I am looking at others as well , most wont fit stock 13 wheels , but I am running 15 so not an issue .
I tried to get several sets of the RX 7 over the past few months , but the mazda guys are on to us and not worth the asking $$

tiger260

Gold forum user
Is there much modification required to make the Volvo brakes fit?

Brembo front brakes are very popular over here.
They are doned from some Peugeots and Fiats but require a lot of work to make them fit.

the_tool_man

Gold forum user
...I tried to get several sets of the RX 7 over the past few months , but the mazda guys are on to us and not worth the asking $$

Ain't that the truth! I went so far as to join and RX7 message board, and go through an arduous process of achieving a minimum post count to qualify to see their classified ads. I finally got in touch with a seller of RX7 rear calipers, who upon discovering my intentions, promptly got me banned.

Finally got a pair of really ratty RX7 rear calipers on Ebay. But it took six months. Thankfully they were cheap.

Interested in learning more about the Volvo front option. Wilwood kits are out of my budget.