Wanted Tiger Crankshaft Pulley

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Does anyone have an original Tiger crankshaft pulley they would sell to me? I need one for the Tiger ‘I’m restoring. Thanks for any help locating one.

Rick

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Does anyone have an original Tiger crankshaft pulley they would sell to me? I need one for the Tiger ‘I’m restoring. Thanks for any help locating one.

Rick
Good originals are darned $$$$ . I've got a couple here.

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
If the rubber is brittle from age there are companies that can rebuild your original using vulcanized silicone. ($150-200?)
Buck

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
If the rubber is brittle from age there are companies that can rebuild your original using vulcanized silicone. ($150-200?)
Buck
Are you talking about the dampener? I don't think the pulley has rubber n it.

Bryan

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Buck
Buck- not the damper but the pulley- also had a 289 hp damper re- vulcanized by the Damper doctor in redding-great job

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I didn't have any issue finding a brand new one when I rebuilt the 260 in the current restoration. I just had the machinist order a new one with the rest of the needed parts. I have had prior issues with the outer portion of the damper shifting position due to the degraded rubber....

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
They are not special... just a SBF damper. The special thing is the pulley. If you look up the Ford part number C4OZ-6316-A you can see from the part number prefix it isn't special... The 3rd character is "O"... if it were something special it would have been "J" which is the Ford designator for "industrial"... The pulley has a "J" in the prefix....

I bought the Dorman damper. No problems with pully alignment at all.

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I messed up my above writing by not being clear about the Harmonic Balance rebuilding being possibly needed at the same time as a new pulley. My BAD!
Buck