Tiger Parts Stash

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Dennis Collins, owner of Collins Bros Jeep here in Wylie, TX just sold his 2 Tigers at the Scottsdale Barrett-Jackson auction last week. One was the Mark I JAL 0001 that sold for $120K. He is now officially out of the Tiger business.

He has a ton of Tiger parts left over from the restoration available for purchase. His assistant, Priscilla, has been listing the parts, a few at a time, on eBay but would welcome a total buyout. If you are interested in buying everything in the building, you can reach her at 972-442-2123 or pparker@cbjeep.com. Let her know I sent you! (I have let Rick/Kelly and Curt know)

Rick

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
L. He is now officially out of the Tiger business.

He has a ton of Tiger parts left over from the restoration available for purchase.
Where does this come from.. he was "in" for 1 month while he poorly threw together what was a nice mmi that needed carefully assembly.. and didn't touch the JAl car....

Updated phrasing... "Stereotypical used car dealer" .... as they come

Last edited:

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Where does this come from.. he was "in" for 1 month while he poorly threw together what was a nice mmi that needed carefully assembly.. and didn't touch the JAl car....

Slimey and dishonest as they come
I wish I could understand what you are trying to say. Name calling with no substantive backup even further blurs your point.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I wish I could understand what you are trying to say. Name calling with no substantive backup even further blurs your point.
Rick...

The seller bought both the cars very recently... He did not restore either of them.

The white car JAL0001 was a finished car... The car has some sunbeam history (discussed in another thread on the forum) but the seller certainly did his best to hype mislead about it.

The red car "The LAT Tiger" was an almost complete car when bought at the same time from the same owner as JAL1 ...
The car was basically done just needed some finally assembly...
The red car was thrown together quickly and poorly. Many of the new parts that were there for it were not fitted and parts mixed up.. and the rest is now being flipped on eBay.

The seller is far from a Sunbeam enthusiast.. far from a knowledgeable seller and could be argued not that honest either given the representations of the cars during the sales promotions....

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Rick...

The seller bought both the cars very recently... He did not restore either of them.

The white car JAL0001 was a finished car... The car has some sunbeam history (discussed in another thread on the forum) but the seller certainly did his best to hype mislead about it.

The red car "The LAT Tiger" was an almost complete car when bought at the same time from the same owner as JAL1 ...
The car was basically done just needed some finally assembly...
The red car was thrown together quickly and poorly. Many of the new parts that were there for it were not fitted and parts mixed up.. and the rest is now being flipped on eBay.

The seller is far from a Sunbeam enthusiast.. far from a knowledgeable seller and could be argued not that honest either given the representations of the cars during the sales promotions....
All you have to do is watch his interactions with Richard Rawlings on "Fast and Loud" and you see everything you need to know. The red car left my shop as a roller and with the hardtop done. The owner installed the drivetrain, but not much else as he had lost interest. As late as a few weeks before he sold the car, he asked me if I could finish it off. It came as quite a surprise when he called to tell me he'd sold it.

All of the right parts were there to complete the car. Whoever assembled it couldn't even be bothered to put the correct gauges in it, selling them on Ebay and fitting MK2/series 5 Alpine parts in their place... It could have been a really nice car with just a little more attention to detail.

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
All you have to do is watch his interactions with Richard Rawlings on "Fast and Loud" and you see everything you need to know. The red car left my shop as a roller and with the hardtop done. The owner installed the drivetrain, but not much else as he had lost interest. As late as a few weeks before he sold the car, he asked me if I could finish it off. It came as quite a surprise when he called to tell me he'd sold it.

All of the right parts were there to complete the car. Whoever assembled it couldn't even be bothered to put the correct gauges in it, selling them on Ebay and fitting MK2/series 5 Alpine parts in their place... It could have been a really nice car with just a little more attention to detail.
I appreciate the detailed background on the seller and the cars. I am, in no way, endorsing him as a knowledgeable or upstanding Tiger aficionado. I’m just passing along information I thought might be useful to the community.
Rick

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
It could have been a really nice car with just a little more attention to detail.
It still could be with a handful of parts and a 'weekend' ...

I re-watched the auction a couple of times and I ASSUMED the red car sold but the auctioneer didn't actually clarify that
A fellow on the Pacific Tiger site ( the original owner's area ) says he was there and said it didn't sell so may have had a 'reserve' ?? I have yet to get any other clarification about that

Here is what he said... "I was there to view the two cars. OO1 went for $120,000 + 10% fee. Hipo 289 Tiger did not sell with a bid of $57,000 (and there would have been a 12% buyers fee)."

Interesting...

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
It still could be with a handful of parts and a 'weekend' ...

I re-watched the auction a couple of times and I ASSUMED the red car sold but the auctioneer didn't actually clarify that
A fellow on the Pacific Tiger site ( the original owner's area ) says he was there and said it didn't sell so may have had a 'reserve' ?? I have yet to get any other clarification about that

Here is what he said... "I was there to view the two cars. OO1 went for $120,000 + 10% fee. Hipo 289 Tiger did not sell with a bid of $57,000 (and there would have been a 12% buyers fee)."

Interesting...
I'll say.