Tiger Registry

Agent 861

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I was wondering if someone coud update me as to the status of the Tiger Registry - None of the links to the Registry on Norms home page or anywhere on the internet work at all .
How does one access this goldmine of information ? Thanks Karl

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Norms site has been down since shortly after his health issue.

I think STOA has a searchable register on their site...no idea how up to date it is....

Agent 861

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I had Looked on STOA but couldn't see anything-I'm not currently a member and maybe I need to be to view- if this is the case can someone please let me know. Karl

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
If you follow this link and click on TIROST it takes you to an archived version of Norm's website. It's only as current as the last updates Norm did, but you can search by year and see which Tiger VINS have been TAC'd, the TAC #, and the last known location of the car. Hope this helps.

http://www.rootesgroupdepot.net/

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
"I don't see a TIROST to click in your link."

It's in the body of text in blue on the home page.

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
"it's there but I could not open the registry"

Look in the middle near the bottom where it says something like 'A list of cars added...and has dates- 1965, 1966, 1967- TAC'd cars are listed by year- not the Registry.

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
"the list is just for cars that have been tac'd, not the original registry (Tirost)"

Yup. For cars that are in the registry and have been authenticated. Might be of use to someone buying a Tiger without access to the BON.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
"the list is just for cars that have been tac'd, not the original registry (Tirost)"

Yup. For cars that are in the registry and have been authenticated. Might be of use to someone buying a Tiger without access to the BON.
An additional couple to add to the list... B382100133LRXFE Medina, Wa. I had this car tac'd a couple of years ago in Washington by Larry and Linda Atkisson and Dave Dunn and B9479975PPLRXFE (prototype MK1a) about 5 years ago, also by Larry and Linda Atkisson and Dave Dunn... It's now in Tx, I think.

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I don't know if Bill Martin is actively adding new entries to the list. I should have thought to ask him when we were loading up Karen Foster's garage full of Tiger parts a few months ago.

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I feel somewhat neglected, if only TAC'd cars are listed. None of my both cars are in there even my MKI was owned by Norm Miller himself for a certain period back in the day (he confirmed to me personally). Have nothing against authentification, but over here in Germany we can't apply for TAC scheme and this might be the same for other foreign countries. I want the good old Tirost list back...

Last edited:

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I feel somewhat neglected, if only TAC'd cars are listed. None of my both cars are in there even my MKI was owned by Norm Miller himself for certain period back in the day (he confirmed to me personally). Have nothing against authentification, but over here in Germany we can't apply for TAC scheme and this might be the same for other foreign countries. I want the good old Tirost list back...
I think the reason it got taken down is that it was a pretty complete list of accounted for numbers, not necessarily cars... It could allow for someone to make up an identity out of whole cloth.

Last edited:

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I think the reason it got taken down is that it was a pretty complete list of accounted for number, not necessarily cars... It could allow for someone to make up an identity out of whole cloth.
Fraud was always there, unfortunately. Wonder what has changed compared to before...

Agent 861

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I feel somewhat neglected, if only TAC'd cars are listed. None of my both cars are in there even my MKI was owned by Norm Miller himself for a certain period back in the day (he confirmed to me personally). Have nothing against authentification, but over here in Germany we can't apply for TAC scheme and this might be the same for other foreign countries. I want the good old Tirost list back...
I agree mines not TACed . I have nothing against the process and in fact think its a great idea, The reality is that In New Zealand there is no one who can TAC the car for me . I am completely confident that my car is a genuine Tiger so the TAC would only be to ensure that any subsequent owner would be as confident as I am . Since I can't see it ever leaving our family then it becomes academic.
However it would be nice to know what date B9473027 HROFE left the Jensen factory for my own interest and as part of the cars history -Karl

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I agree mines not TACed . I have nothing against the process and in fact think its a great idea, The reality is that In New Zealand there is no one who can TAC the car for me . I am completely confident that my car is a genuine Tiger so the TAC would only be to ensure that any subsequent owner would be as confident as I am . Since I can't see it ever leaving our family then it becomes academic.
However it would be nice to know what date B9473027 HROFE left the Jensen factory for my own interest and as part of the cars history -Karl
Karl,

That info is available via the routes archives.. also there are several members here who can give you that information.

Maybe @66TigerMK1A or @HRS121E could help you out with the build date.