Tiger Speedometer Repair

Steven43

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have two Tiger speedometers, one seems to be working fine, the other was frozen solid with 40 years of dried grease. Took that one apart, cleaned it , replaced a bad plastic gear with an Alpine gear, put it in the car and of course it's not running correctly. (When it's at idle it reads 10 mph, when you're going 30mph it reads 60 mph.) Before I send this off to MO-MA and spend $400.00, I'm wondering: does anyone know of any other places I might send it off to? Also my rear housings don't match, making me think that one of these was put together with parts and pieces. If someone could tell me which is correct (or at least more correct) I would appreciate it.
Steven Alcala

DSCN9203.JPG

DSCN9204.JPG

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Steve,
In addition to the vendors listed in the White Pages forum of the CAT Member Area, there is Paul's Speedometer Service in Redondo Beach, 529 N. PCH. I don't think Paul owns the business anymore, but the guy who does fixed my speedo when it wasn't working properly.

Warren

Gold forum user
I have used Paul's Speedometer. That place has been there so long it has a pit for easy access to transmission hook up. On the test drive when selling my first car I said , " well the speedos been rebuilt about 2500 miles ago." As soon as it hit seventy it pegged and squealed like a pig .
So it was fixed.... fer awhile.

unbeam

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I have used Nisonger in the past, but they were flooded and basically stopped restoration, but sell parts and new gauges.
Their main speedometer (and other) repairman is working on his own. Specialty is mechanical speedos.
www.britishspeedo.com; 914-536-1346

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I just had a speedo rebuilt by British speedo.com. it was quickly turned around and now fully functional. cost was $200 plus shipping

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
I have used Nisonger in the past, but they were flooded and basically stopped restoration, but sell parts and new gauges.
Their main speedometer (and other) repairman is working on his own. Specialty is mechanical speedos.
www.britishspeedo.com; 914-536-1346
Or speciality as the British would say šŸ˜Š

Hoghead

Gold forum user
Or just buy a new Jager repro with mechanical odometer from Jim Gislason here
I have one and it is very nice