Tiger with No JAL tag???

1966Project

New forum user
I have a 1966 Tiger with no JAL tag. It also does not have the holes for one, just 2 slight dimples, sort of like guides on where to drill. The Vin tag has the factory rivets. Any info would be greatly appreciated. It was owned by a known tiger forum administrator, also has old C.A.T stickers on window.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
All the bodies from series 3 Alpine onward and Tiger had the body tags in the same location on the scuttle. The screws tended to dimple the metal...so if the dimples are there and no tag.. maybe the holes were just filled in... Has the car been painted?

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
It's possible that someone including the previous owner might know the JAL number. The blank tags are available.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I have a 1966 Tiger with no JAL tag. It also does not have the holes for one, just 2 slight dimples, sort of like guides on where to drill. The Vin tag has the factory rivets. Any info would be greatly appreciated. It was owned by a known tiger forum administrator, also has old C.A.T stickers on window.
there were several prototypes that would not have had a JAL if you send me a PM with the chassis number, I'll let you know if your car was one of them