Tigers United 41, June 9-12, Santa Maria, Calif.

Added to Calendar: 06-09-22, 06-10-22, 06-11-22, 06-12-22

1966 TGR

Gold forum user
CAT Member
After several postponements due to the COVID pandemic, Tigers United is back on track. Our previously planned location at Big Bear Lake is in high demand, venues are heavily booked, and costs have risen dramatically. Santa Maria has been a popular Tiger event location for good reasons. It’s conveniently located between L.A. and the S.F. Bay area, the weather at the coast is comfortable, the locals are eager to please and the municipal airport has one of the best autocross sites anywhere.

Tentative Schedule:

Thursday, June 9: 11a.m-1p.m. (Optional): Visit and tour of Mendenhall Museum of Petroliana in Buellton. $10/person. Not included in Tigers United registration fees. www.mendenhallmuseum.com

Thursday, June 9: Arrival, Hotel Check-in, Tech Inspection, Parts Swap move-in. Welcome dinner at the famous Far Western Tavern in Orcutt, CA.

Friday, June 10: Scenic Rally through the Central Coast area. Tiger knowledge quiz. Parts Swap.

Saturday, June 11: Autocross at Santa Maria Airport, Parts Swap, Guest speaker(s)

Sunday, June 12: Concours, Parts Swap move-out, Awards Banquet.

There are two main registration options:

Participant”: This is for anyone 18 or older who wishes to participate in events as a driver and/or entrant of a Sunbeam vehicle. Participants are eligible for awards in Rally, Autocross, Quiz and Concours. Includes hospitality area, access to sell items in the parts room, welcome steakhouse dinner, autocross lunch, guest speaker session(s), Tigers United XLI shirt and awards banquet. All participating vehicles must pass technical inspection. Autocross participants and passengers are required to sign a waiver of liability.

Before May 1, 2022: $250 On or after May 1, 2022: $265

“Spectator”: This is for anyone who is a spouse or adult guest of a Participant, or attendees who do not enter the competitive events. Registered Spectators may serve as rally navigators for Participant Drivers, but may not compete or drive in Rally, Autocross, Quiz or Concours. Includes hospitality area, access to sell items in the parts room, welcome steakhouse dinner, autocross lunch, guest speaker session(s), Tigers United XLI shirt and awards banquet.

Before May 1, 2022: $235 On or after May 1, 2022: $250

Extras: Extra meals, shirts and activities are intended for additional members of a Participant’s or Spectator’s party or guests who are attending fewer than 4 days. See online registration for details.

Online registration is encouraged: https://tu41.wufoo.com/forms/tigers-united-xli-santa-maria-registration/
For hotel reservations call (805) 928-7777. Refer to California Tiger Owners event. If you book an extended stay before June 9 or after June 12, be sure to let them know you are with the TIgers United group.

Attachments

• Tigers United XLI Class Definitions.pdf
    110.2 KB · Views: 164
  • TIgers United XLI registration form.pdf
    556.4 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

GearHead_66

Bronze forum user
After several postponements due to the COVID pandemic, Tigers United is back on track. Our previously planned location at Big Bear Lake is in high demand, venues are heavily booked, and costs have risen dramatically. Santa Maria has been a popular Tiger event location for good reasons. It’s conveniently located between L.A. and the S.F. Bay area, the weather at the coast is comfortable, the locals are eager to please and the municipal airport has one of the best autocross sites anywhere.

Tentative Schedule:

Thursday, June 9: 11a.m-1p.m. (Optional): Visit and tour of Mendenhall Museum of Petroliana in Buellton. $10/person. Not included in Tigers United registration fees. www.mendenhallmuseum.com

Thursday, June 9: Arrival, Hotel Check-in, Tech Inspection, Parts Swap move-in. Welcome dinner at the famous Far Western Tavern in Orcutt, CA.

Friday, June 10: Scenic Rally through the Central Coast area. Tiger knowledge quiz. Parts Swap.

Saturday, June 11: Autocross at Santa Maria Airport, Parts Swap, Guest speaker(s)

Sunday, June 12: Concours, Parts Swap move-out, Awards Banquet.

There are two main registration options:

Participant”: This is for anyone 18 or older who wishes to participate in events as a driver and/or entrant of a Sunbeam vehicle. Participants are eligible for awards in Rally, Autocross, Quiz and Concours. Includes hospitality area, access to sell items in the parts room, welcome steakhouse dinner, autocross lunch, guest speaker session(s), Tigers United XLI shirt and awards banquet. All participating vehicles must pass technical inspection. Autocross participants and passengers are required to sign a waiver of liability.

Before May 1, 2022: $250 On or after May 1, 2022: $265

“Spectator”: This is for anyone who is a spouse or adult guest of a Participant, or attendees who do not enter the competitive events. Registered Spectators may serve as rally navigators for Participant Drivers, but may not compete or drive in Rally, Autocross, Quiz or Concours. Includes hospitality area, access to sell items in the parts room, welcome steakhouse dinner, autocross lunch, guest speaker session(s), Tigers United XLI shirt and awards banquet.

Before May 1, 2022: $235 On or after May 1, 2022: $250

Extras: Extra meals, shirts and activities are intended for additional members of a Participant’s or Spectator’s party or guests who are attending fewer than 4 days. See online registration for details.

Online registration is encouraged: https://tu41.wufoo.com/forms/tigers-united-xli-santa-maria-registration/

The Santa Maria Inn group hotel rate for Thursday through Sunday night is $109 plus state and local taxes and fees. For reservations call (805) 928-7777. Refer to California Tiger Owners event.
I may have some family members visiting while I'm in Santa Maria for Tigers United. Can they come by the concours to see the cars or do they need to register as "spectator" to gain access? Thanks! Chris...

1966 TGR

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I may have some family members visiting while I'm in Santa Maria for Tigers United. Can they come by the concours to see the cars or do they need to register as "spectator" to gain access? Thanks! Chris...
They are welcome to come to the concours and do not need to register as spectators. If they want to attend the awards banquet that night, they need to purchase extra banquet tickets.

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Had fun with this after the last Santa Maria TU:
TU Santa Maria 2016 composite.JPG

SunbeamTgr

Silver forum user
CAT Member
That's my red Mkll on the left front! Sat in this very car on the showroom floor around Thanksgiving, 1967. Wifey said "NO, we are NOT buying a $3950 sports car, we are finding a home to buy first!!. Ten years and a couple Tigers later, I bought this bad boy from one of my buddies. Didn't even know it was the same car with its faded red paint and Washington plates. THEN I discovered the Eugene, OR license plate frame and was super excited. A visit with the selling dealer confirmed it was the one I lusted after on the showroom floor!!
Gary H

Jeff_H

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Hi TU team,

do you have some more detail on timings for each day yet?

I am coming along with my family as part of a 3 week trip to CA so it would help if for example I have a time for the meal on Thursday night when we arrive.
Many thanks and I look forward to seeing you there.
Jeff Howarth

Photo below is one I took in 2012 on my driveway - similar style to your line up

Last edited:

1966 TGR

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi TU team,

do you have some more detail on timings for each day yet?

I am coming along with my family as part of a 3 week trip to CA so it would help if for example I have a time for the meal on Thursday night when we arrive.
Many thanks and I look forward to seeing you there.
Jeff Howarth

Photo below is one I took in 2012 on my driveway - similar style to your line up
View attachment 14994
Detail schedule to come, but Thursday dinner and Sunday banquet start at 6:00 p.m. Friday rally start 9 a.m.

1966 TGR

Gold forum user
CAT Member
We regret to announce that special guest and legendary Rootes rally driver Rosemary Smith will be unable to attend due to recent illness and recuperation. We wish Rosie a speedy recovery.

Danno66

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I made a room reservation this week. Almost all gone, single rooms only left. See you there.
586A211C-E078-4DF7-8FE6-171ED8B4647E.jpeg

Bigsweed

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Will you be selling the T shirts there or only preorder with registration?

1966 TGR

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The Santa Maria Inn is completely sold out for Saturday night. Attendance response has been very positive. Rooms may be available the other nights.

Nearby hotel is TraveLodge by Wyndham on Broadway. For those towing trailers, we recommend the Radisson at the Santa Maria Airport. While farther away, it is where trailers will be parked because there is no room for them at the Santa Maria Inn. The advantage is you'll be close to your trailer and the autocross area.

Toyanvil

New forum user
Hello
If I drive my Alpine over to see the show is there a safe place to park it close to the show?
Here's my car, it's Mazda Miata powered.
Image-472-XL.jpg

Bigsweed

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I drove over there to check it out - you should have no problem parking somewhere from what I saw.

66Tiger289

Silver forum user
Questions.
Where is the concours being held on Sunday?
What time does it start we are driving up from Goleta.
Will it be dog friendly?
Thanks
Steve